17

Everything hurt. I felt like my body was on fire. I knew someone was healing me, but I was too far gone to know anything. I am in a dreamlike state. My mind was awake. My body was numb, nonresponsive.

My subconscious seemed to have put me home. I looked up finding someone I wasn't familiar with. Why are they in my subconscious ? The person gave a gentle smile, "그들은 정말 당신을 괴롭혔어요. 좀 어떻세요?" (They really did a number on you. How are you feeling ?) I looked at my body. My shirt was soaked with blood, but I felt no pain at the moment. "Who are you ? Isn't this my subconscious ?"

The person before me was no older than eighteen. He looked at me calmly. "You know my story, Engene. Who do you think I am ?" I stood up, nearly tripping. "Myungjin ? Choi Myungjin ?" He nodded suspiciously calm for meeting his descendant. "이봐요! 존경을 표해요. 내가 어려 보일지 모르지만 당신보다 나이가 많아요." (Hey ! Show some respect. I may look young, but I am older than you.)  I rolled my eyes. "Where am I ? Why are you here, Myungjin Oppa ?" 

He pointed at the clock on the wall. The clock my grandfather had gifted my mother when she first moved out during college. "You know what that was made out of ? It is not all wood." I was confused. "What does grandpa' clock have to do with anything ?" Myungjin rolled his eyes, but gracefully held the clock in his hands. "이 시계는 제가 죽은 후에 아버지가 만드셨어요. 최고급 나무와 내 재로 만들었어요 그는 상기시켜주는 작품을 원했어요. 그가 내 이름으로 만들 수 있는 유산이죠." (My father made this clock after I died. Made it with the finest wood and my ashes. He wanted a reminder piece. A legacy he could create off of my name.)

I was shocked. That had been in my house since before my mother had met my father at college. "That is so sick..." Myungjin looked at me. I could tell he was deeply worried about me. "Who did this to you, Engene ? Your mother ?" I know I should be defensive, but I was surprised. "Mom ? My father did this. Why did you think my mother did this to me ?" Myungjin sat on the front window sill, "Your mother is one of direct bloodline. Why else would your father gift her the clock ?"

I looked at him closely. Myungjin was pale. I wondered if he had fangs as well. "I know a group of vampires...that is why I am like this..." Myungjin smiled wider, finally showing his fangs. "You must be able to know you're being healed at this very moment. I have a proposition for you..." A proposition ? What could Myungjin possibly be able to offer me ? "무슨 제안이요?" (What proposition ?)