22

We have been on the run for a few days. My family wouldn't be able to track us. I looked at my family' clock. The very clock made with Myungjin' ashes. We had set up camp for the time being. Sunghoon sat next to me. He was still a bit thirsty for blood & weak. I felt horrible for him. I was still healing from the fire. Sunghoon wouldn't be in the position he is if I just listened to my family. He nudged me, "Stop feeling sorry for me. We both know healing you was for my own benefit."

I smiled bitterly as I kept warm by the fire. The other boys were hunting. "제가 짐이 된 것 같아요." (I feel like I am a burden.) I kept thinking back over all that I had just endured. My father tried to kill me. My grandfather even tried to kill me. Learning the true nature of my family.  It sickened me. Who was I to say I was any different ? I am related to that heap of craziness. Sunghoon sigh staring into the fire, "You aren't as bad as you think. You vouched for a group of vampires and the cost was your life."

I knew they'd soon grow tired of me. It was bound to happen any time now. "I should leave as soon as we get you guys settled someplace new. It wouldn't be right if I kept being a nuisance to your survival." Sunghoon continued to stare into the fire. I could tell my comment didn't sit all too well with him. He gave a smile, "Do you want to be a vampire ? To relinquish yourself of your family ties & unwanted burdens..." 

I was shocked to say the least. He was offering me the very thing my family tried to kill me over. I took a few moments to think things over. Whatever my final decision was, I need to live with it. I was deeply for all they had down for me. By this time, I was aware the others were back from hunting. "유감스럽게도 여기서 우리 이야기는 끝납니다. 저는 살아야 해요. 처음부터 우리 가족이 가져야만 했던 유산을 쌓으세요. 나 자신을 위해 살기 시작해야 해요." (I am afraid that this is where our story ends. I must live on. Build the legacy my family should have had from the beginning. I must start living for myself.)

I said my goodbyes to each of them. Once they no longer in my sight, I let the tears fall. I pushed forward. Each step had my heart break. Here's to building a legacy...

끝.

The End.