01 | Home Sweet Home

Kataleya Hernández:

“I gave you one work; yet, You failed!
Do you know how much important this was?” I was fuming. And with every passing second, the fury inside me was increasing.

“Boss, I a-apologize. I didn't intend this.” He apologized, stuttering.

“Your apology won't undo the loss! The damage has already been done.”
I gritted the words out.

“Leave now!” Dismissing him, I made myself comfortable in my chair.

I picked up a file, which contained information about the latest project from our fashion team and its pros and cons. But, before I could have a look, frustration passed through me at the fact that he was still standing here.

“Mr. Walsh? Why are you still here? I told you to leave.” I asked, trying to keep my voice calm.

“Ms. Hernández, your brother contacted. He asked me to inform you that your presence is needed back at home. They will be waiting for your arrival today.” He stated, earning a nod from me.

“Prepare my jet. I will leave for the airport in the early afternoon. Cancel all the meetings of today and tomorrow,” I announced.

“Yes, boss.” He replied, before leaving.

“He may make mistakes sometimes, but he's a good assistant.” I whispered to myself.

Kevin Walsh. He has been my assistant for more than a year now.
Just like the meaning of his name, he is handsome. His personality is everything a woman looks for, caring, gentle and humorous.
He is hardworking and pays attention to work, more than himself. That's the only reason, he still has this job.

Closing the file, I pick my mobile from the table and dialed his number.
The bell ringed twice, before the call was picked.

“Leya?” He spoke.

“I am flying to Spain today. Handle everything while I'm gone.” I informed him.

“Hey! That's not fair. I am supposed to be on vacation.” He whined.

“Listen here, you sweaty roach! You owe me thrice. I was the one who looked after your company, while you were busy partying. Now, return me the fucking favor and handle my work.” I hissed, earning a groan from him.

“Why am I friends with you? All you do is bully me!” He breathed out.

“I never said we are friends.” I retorted, and the other line went silent.

“Hey. We have been friends since high school, how dare you disrespect our friendship?” Leave it to him, to exaggerate every single thing.

Elias Garcia. He is the epitome of goofiness and the chill one in our friends circle. The guy is a rich brat, but not a spoiled one. He grew up with a silver spoon, yet at the same time, he worked for it.
On the one hand, he is cheerful and being dramatically cute is his thing. While, on the other hand, he is serious and cold in business. A great competition to his rivals.

He and I have been friends since the high school's days, along with two more humans. Austin Miller and Iris Michel.
Austin is American, but his ethnicity is East Asian. He is a cardiologist, and owns a hospital. He is the crack head of our group.
Next comes Iris Michel. She is a mixed race. Her mother is from Greece, while her father is an Afro-American. She is another crackhead, and the fashionista among us. The girl is a real beauty, both inside and out.

“You are giving me a headache.” I murmured.

“You always have a headache, not a big deal. So, where are you going?” I can see him shrugging his shoulder while telling me, it's not a big deal.