59 | Worthless fucking chess pieces.

Like
.
.
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
.
.
Share/Follow
.
.
.
~ Constructive feedback is appreciated~
.
.
.
♦ Please don't be a silent reader,and at least leave a like to motivate me♦
.
.
.
♠ Not Edited♠
.
.
.
.
.
Lilith's POV:-

(Also, just to remember please read the end of ch 45..the unknown's POV at the end and ch 54. This will help you remember and make things clearer.

Thank you!)

“The boss is in a meeting. We can't let you go inside.”

Lilith, they are just doing their jobs. Do not do anything.

No, I have to do something. I didn't fly to Russia like a headless chicken to wait for his meeting to get over.

“Try to stop me and see what I do.” I threatened the guard, my stoic face resembling the ‘do not mess with me’ mood.

“Either tell the fucker to come out or I'm barging inside.” Deciding to give these guards a choice, I waited for two minutes before doing the latter.

The guard went back to his earlier position and I could see his lips moving. Good.

A few seconds later came out of the office the most intolerable asshole of all time. Igor fucking Levin. The leader of the bratva. In other words, the head of the Russian crime family.

The shadow of callousness in his eyes stared at me with such hatred which I mutually reciprocated.

“We need to talk.” I harshly spat. He nodded towards his office which was not a second ago occupied by his business partners.

Instead of letting him walk ahead and following behind him, I stride to the office ahead of him.
As always, his office was so neat that it irked me. How Mr. Perfect of him.

The sound of clicking reached my ears as I turned my face towards him. There he stood in all his glory. His hands in the pockets of his black suit pants and his white buttoned up shirt highlighting the muscles covered underneath. The folded sleeves made him appear as egoistic as he truly was.

“I should cut your tongue for disrespecting me in front of my people.” His voice, thickly coated with his Russian accent, came harsh and cold.

“There's no harm in dreaming. I won't hold it against you.” He and I both know no matter how much we loathe each other's existence, we can't kill each other. We made a deal and both of us hate not being true to our words.

“Why are you here, Lilith?” He asked. If there's one thing about this man that I respect is him being blunt. I despise people who don't cut to the chase and instead go round and round.

“I came here to ask what the fuck do you think you are doing?” Even though we had a deal, there's a line I won't let him cross. If he thinks he can go after the people I care about, I will serve him his death on a fucking gold platter.

“I do a lot of things and woman. You need to be more specific.” He shrugged his shoulders, not bothered by the anger surging through me. Him not being serious about the gravity of the situation sending me to the edge where I know I will leave this room with blood on my hands.

“Why are you snooping around the life of Kataleya Hernandez.” My voice was bitter enough to let him know that I didn't come here to joke.

However, immediately after the mention of her name, the aura changed around him. A loathsome and dark expression shined brightly in his eyes.