60 | The man he once was

Like
.
.
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
.
.
Share/Follow
.
.
.
~ Constructive feedback is appreciated~
.
.
.
♦ Please don't be a silent reader,and at least leave a like to motivate me♦
.
.
.
♠ Not Edited♠
.
.
.
.
.

Igor Levin's POV:

I stared at Lilith's unconscious body laying on my bed. The doctor removed the bullet from her shoulder and stitched the wound before leaving. Somehow, she didn't lose much blood. Thus all she needs now is rest and painkillers at the most.

My mind could careless about shooting her. But the gnawing bitterness of what could be considered guilt was making my heart a home.

It wasn't because I cared about her, but the memories of the past bleeding through my mind mocked me. The monsters screaming at me pointing out my indifference to those whom I loath. The loathsome monsters of my past that etched themselves to me through the curse I call my bloodline.

No matter what I do or how much I run, can I ever really hide from the evil that this world calls my family? They say blood is thicker than water but why does no one talk about what happens to blood when it's mixed with water? 

‘You truly are your parents'. Look at what you have done. Doesn't it give you Deja Vu? Or did you already forget the memories of your upbringing?’

Did I? Or better, can I ever forget?

The voices never stop their game, but I have mastered the art of not paying any head to them. If I did, I would have lost the battle a long time ago. 

My eyes immediately spotted the light movement Lilith made as she stirred awake. That woman cursed like a sailor as she tried to get into the sitting position.

“You must have gotten a hard-on seeing me almost die, eh?” She scowled as her eyes locked on me.

“My dick shrinks whenever you come even a one mile radius close to it.” I retorted with a blank face.

“As if I would ever come close to that stinky willy of yours.” She scoffed, getting out of the bed.

“For someone who claims to hate my dick, you sure do like talking about it.” My words came out sweet as honey but also were dipped with smugness.

“I fancy talking to you as much as a dead person, but I have work to do and places to be. So, it's about time I leave.” As she tried to walk past me, I wrapped my hand around her waist before pulling her into me. Her back pressed firmly against my front.

She dug her nails deep into my hand that was wrapped around her in her efforts to escape my hold. My other hand went to her hair pulling her head back with a viscous grip on them.

We both know she could easily fight my captivity but for some reason she didn't. The heaving of her chest as she breathed and her throat as she gulped didn't go unnoticed.

I leaned my head down to the naval of her shoulder and neck before tilting my hand so that my mouth was near her ear.

“You have answers to my questions and unless and until my thirst for them is quenched, you can't leave.”

Lilith's POV:-

Fuck!

The moment my mind finally stopped lagging behind, it took in the close proximity of our bodies and in panic, my body reacted.

Before I could even understand what I was doing, I felt my leg raising and kicking him strongly between his legs causing him to immediately let go.

“I guess you were not wrong about me fancying your dick after all.” I smiled at his crouched figure while he waited for the pain to soothe.

“You are a fucking bitch.” He grumbled, his features morphed into pain although he was now standing straight.

“Yes and I bite as well. So, touch me again and I might just bite your hand off.” Winking at him, I leaned on the closed door.

“Now, I will let you have the luxury of my 10 minutes to get your answers. Your time starts now.” I wouldn't have given him any answers but he was involved in this as much as the rest of us. It doesn't matter if he likes it or not.

“What do you know about my sister and her death?” He was quick to shoot his question.

Of course, in our world which was the opposite of the rainbow and sunshine world and instead a world full of blood, guns, drugs and crime, we, the doomed consider time our treasure and Igor Levin was as doomed as I was.

“Kira trusted Kataleya and others with her life. However, she was hiding something. Something that led to her demise. Kataleya has been digging into her death since that time. And I think she finally discovered it. Because someone apart from you has been trying to kill her. The same person who killed your sister and Aaron.”

We didn't have much time to go through every single detail of what really happened. So I decided to let him know the basics of what he should be aware of.

“What about the suicide note?” He asked making me frown.

“What suicide note?” I questioned, trying to remember if I missed or forgot something.

“A police officer gave me the suicide note Kira wrote before she... before she killed herself.” My stone heart felt for the brother who lost his sister. But all of us were fucked up, so I didn't have any sympathy to offer him. He was just one of us grieving the loss of a cherished one.

“There was no suicide note. I went to the crime scene undercover. Believe me, it wasn't a fucking suicide.” I let him absorb the information I was giving him.

He has been living in the dark about his own sister's death for so long. He obviously needed a minute to process everything.

The broken havoc visible through his eyes made me remember the man he once was. Full of life and sunshine even after all his family put him through. The man I baked cookies and played games with. The man whose soul died along with his sister. The man I loved.

The man I still love.

_______________________________________

A/N: Here is the ‘Monday update’ for you guys❤ Enjoy Lovelies! You all are best❤❤

I posted today's chapter really early for you guys as my followers hit 1k today!! 🥹❤

Was it fun? or good?

Thoughts on the chapter?

Thoughts on Igor and Lilith?

Favorite character?

Did you expected anything like this?

Any suggestions about what you want in the coming chapters?

what do you think will happen in next chapter?

What do you think of it so far?

Did you like the chapter?

What do you think of it so far?

Don't forget to vote and comment.

by

Ms_CornSalad💗