14 | I am home

Like🌺
.
.
.
Comment🌺
.
.
.
and follow🌺

Constructive feedback is much appreciated🌺

P.s. Don't be a silent reader😉🌺

Kataleya:

The time difference sucks.

The flight was more than seven hours long, hence, it was 2 in the afternoon when we landed in New York.

After we were done with the Agreement and Penalties, which took us four hours to complete because of our small bickering and illogical clauses, which we didn't add, we both took the nap for the rest of the flight.

As I would have to move with Enrico, we were first stopping by my house to collect my stuff before going to his.

I texted Martha, my housekeeper, to inform her about my arrival and to pack my things, leaving the files and other paperwork.

I lived in a penthouse of one of the most expensive building in New York, which belonged to Elias's dad. I had to coax him to sell the penthouse to me, but in the end, it was worth it.

I felt the tiredness creep into my body, as I began to feel lousy and sleepy. My back was also hurting due to sleeping on the hard surface.

The car came to a stop, right outside the 'Dreamzilla', the building I live in.

I got out of the car, leaving it upto Enrico, to pay for the cab we hailed from the airport.

I walked in the building, getting greeted by the receptionist when she spotted me.

I nodded back at her, striding towards the elevator. I felt someone following me, knowing who it was, I didn't care to look back.

We both get inside the elevator and I pressed the button to my penthouse.

After the elevator dinged, indicating we had reached the floor, we got out and marched to the door of my Penthouse.

I inserted the passcode, and the door opened.

"I am home" I announced, stepping inside my abode.

I heard the fast footsteps coming in the living room, where I had settled myself down on the couch.
Enrico was standing awkwardly near the sofas.

I nodded my head at him to take a seat, and he did in response.

"Sweet heavens! This place was losing its charm without you, my darling." Martha exclaimed, with a bright smile on her face.

"I feel like you're foreshadowing 'I missed you and your bitchy self' in your statement" I remarked, with my blank face.

She chuckled softly at me, before saying "Oh dear! I will never get tired of your knife like mouth."

"Silly me! I didn't realize there was another person here. Ms. Hernández, who's the handsome man?" She asked, her brows scrunched perplexingly, yet the gentle and welcoming hint never left her face.

"Enrico, meet Martha, my housekeeper. And, Martha dear, meet my husband, Enrico Nicoletti." I introduced them.

Martha gasped hearing the words that I spoke.

"Hello, Miss, It's nice to meet you." Enrico spoke, sensing Martha's shock.

"Was Shawn aware of this?" It was the first thing she asked.

(A/N: For those who don't remember, Shawn was the driver of Kat in first chapter)

"I don't think so." I answered, shaking my head.