65 | I am home

Like
.
.
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
.
.
Share/Follow
.
.
.
~ Constructive feedback is appreciated~
.
.
.
♦ Please don't be a silent reader,and at least leave a like to motivate me♦
.
.
.
♠ Not Edited♠
.
.
.
.
.
Enrico's POV:

My heart. It was aching, ready to bust from all the pain inflicted on it. The knife was not the culprit but the horror that painted my wife's face which dug deeper than the knife was. Liam had shifted her in front of me, giving her the clear sight of my torture. 

I could see the battle brewing in her eyes, so much anger, so much despair and regret. She was ready to wage a war, but the ropes were saving the world from her wrath. My darling queen, only if I could hold you and give you comfort that you so desperately seek. Your arms, my home, I desire to return to. 

Lost in the mirage of my hope, I had not realized that he stopped carving my back. The confusion vanished as soon as it came when something strikes my wounded back with a force. My body jerked in response and a grunt rumbled through my chest as the pain kept increasing.

The bastard was whipping me.

My eyes find the solace of her wide, panicked ones. The tears she attempted to keep at bay slides down her cheek. I shook my head, knowing what her mind was dwelling on.

Please don't. I can go through hell and back if it meant calling you mine, please baby, don't say it. I screamed through my eyes, praying she understands me. She doesn't save me. I don't want to be saved if it means I will lose her. I won't stop this torture if it's at the expense of her. I can't. I won't.

She tilted her head a little, the tears now flowing down her face. Her eyes stared at me with despair, as if asking me how she can let this happen? How can she let her love suffer for her? 

"Please" I chortled out a whisper, hoping she reconsider.

"I am sorry. I am so sorry, love. I can't let this happen to you. I can't witness this happening to you. My heart is crying, it is crying for you. You were the best thing that ever happened to me, I can't bring disaster on someone so perfect, someone who brought happiness in my life. I am sorry." She choked out a sob and looked away.

"Babe, look at me. Kataleya, please look at me. I don't mind suffering if it's for you. Don't do it, please don't do it." My own tears escaped, my already wounded heart breaking more and more.

"You still have so many more years to live, so much more to see. I want to be selfish for you, but I won't. It's not like I have long to live." She did not look at me. She couldn't. And it hurt so bad, it has never been worse.

"I am sorry. Please forgive me. Just know, I lived for you. Only you, no one else." She finally looked at me. Her eyes taking me in, drowning in me for one last time. Then, she smiled.

She smiled at me with her teary face, it was her way of saying goodbye. Asking me to be happy, but can I really be happy without her? 

"I will be alive for you, I promise you, but I can't live without you. I will be breathing, but I won't be happy. Not until I bring you back to me. I am vowing to you, that we will see each other again. This is not a goodbye, love." I smiled at her, a smile so broken and full of promises.

"That was so sappy and cringe, uhh. Anyways, it was easy convincing you. So, it's time for us to go." Liam clapped his hands together, wiping his fake tear. 

He approached Kataleya and began to untie her. My eyes found her, and she smirked and winked at me.

Everything clicked together so fast in my mind and all I could think about was hugging the crap out of my genius wife. 

When Kataleya stood up, completely free of any restraints, she looked at him and all her anger came out.

First, she kneed his groin making him hunch in pain, it was followed by her grabbing a handful of his hair and kneeing his face. Before he could gain some control back, she grabbed the chair she was tied to and slammed it on his head. He fell to the ground and pressed his hands over his bleeding head. 

I looked at how effortlessly my wife womanhandled that man and the pride bloomed in my chest. She is just amazing.

She kicked his head one last time before strutting towards me. She quickly untied the ropes freeing me from the manacle. 

My hands were stiff, but it didn't matter. My back was screaming in pain, bleeding from all the torture it suffered but I could care less. All I wanted was her in my arms. So, I pulled her into my arms, letting her head rest on my chest while my hands wounded around her waist. 

"I am home" I whispered, placing a soft lingering kiss on her head. My heart finally embraced the peace it wanted. The peace my wife brought to it. 

"I am back too" She muttered, snaking her hands around my neck and kissing my chest in an innocent pack. 

"As much as I want to stay here forever, we need to leave." She pulled away slowly, but her hand stayed on my shoulder. "Can you walk?" She worriedly asked. I just nodded at her.

"Can you help Austin? He has been out of consciousness. He kept waking up for a moment before slipping back into sleep. Hopefully, he will be okay." She said the last part to herself, but I heard it. 

I rushed towards her best friend and unbound the ropes around his hands and legs. I checked his pulse, and it was really light. Cursing, I spoke loudly "We need to get him to the hospital."

"Shit! We need to do something quickly." She replied while searching the unconscious body of Liam for I suppose a phone.

"What the hell is going on here?" An unknown voice called, followed by the rush of footsteps. 

Both Kataleya and I turned to the source of voice, and I did not recognize the people standing there. However, I saw relief wash all over Kataleya's face.

"Lilith"

______________________________________ 

A/N: Heyy fellow humans!!!! Missed me? Hopefully you did.

anyways, how was the chapter? did you like it? 

Only 2 or 3 more chapters are left and an epilogue.... You might love hate the ending but I gotta do what I gotta do...right?

Have a nice day lovelies <33333333

love,
Ms_CornSalad♥️