Chapter 3

The next day after lunch, Uncle Ted and Aunt Dromeda put Percy into their car and drove to Devon. Along the way, Aunt Dromeda explained to him about magic, how he was a wizard and came from a long line of noble wizards and how his mother was murdered. Percy listened to his uncle's explanation with rapt attention. Smelly Gabe had told him that his parents never wanted him because he was a mistake. He had forgiven his aunt and uncle because he had been missing for the past eight years but they were trying to redeem themselves. But Percy didn't care, he had already forgiven them when they had adopted him.

They parked in front of a comfortable-sized two-story cottage surrounded by hedges and flowers. The door didn't even have a keyhole which confused Pecy until Uncle Ted waved his wand and the doo. They all bustled in and Andromeda closed the door behind them.

Percy looked around his new home. There was a medium-sized sofa, three comfy chairs, a coffee table, a small bookshelf with odd titles, a television, and a large blue rug. It had a warm and welcoming feel. 

'Wicked.' Percy breathed out. Andromeda lightly chuckled.

'Well, this isn't actually our house. It was actually your mum's. She bought it when I eloped with Ted.'

'Oh.' Percy said. That meant this was his home. 'What happened to her?'

'Uhhmm.' Andromeda looked conflicted. One part of her brain is wanting her to tell the truth while the other is to delay it until he turns seventeen but if she delayed it, Andromeda might have to deal with a very angry nephew.

'You tell her to mum me and dad are going to take a nap.' Tonks said and pulling her father's shoulder left the room.

Andromeda signed. 'Damn you, Dora. Alright, Percy, most of us don't know but many believe that your mum was murdered by death eaters."

Percy blinked "Death-eaters? Who wants to eat Thanatos "

Andromeda cracked a smile. 'Your mother made the same joke. Thought it was hilarious but yes a stupid name, I know, but that's some purebloods to you. I am afraid evolution deserted them after decades of inbreeding. They were the dark lord's minions that he sent to terrify the public and attack his enemies. A large part of them were just foolish and radical pure-blood supremacists who practiced the Dark Arts with reckless abandon, malevolence, and without regard to or fear of wizarding law. Some of them though were feared throughout the country."

"Was my mum one of them ?"

'NO! What makes you think that?'

Percy shrugged. 'Just a guess'

'Well, she wasn't. Your uncles and aunts however were the opposite. There's Bellatrix, my older sister and she was a mad one. She's in Azkaban the prison for wizards for torturing two Aurors, magical police into insanity. Then there'sRegulus, your uncle got cold feet and was murder by you know who. I always thought it was Lucius Malfoy. He has been breathing down my family's neck ever since he found that his son was not the Black Heir."

"Lucius Malfoy?"

"My sister's husband, you know, it's better if I show you the family."

Andromeda waved her wand and a large book floated down and gently laid onto Andromeda's lap. The book opened up to show a large family photograph. There were at least seventeen adults and children most of them with dark hair and dark eyes though there were few exceptions. Most of the ladies were blonde while Andromeda and another girl were brown-haired.

'Thats Arcturus.' said Andromeda pointing towards a very grave wizard and a plump, smiling witch in the center. 'And Melania, your great grandparents. They had two children Lucretia and Orion. While Lucretia married Ignatius Prewett, Orion married his cousin Walburga and bore three children. Cassiopeia, Sirius, and Regulus.' she said pointing to three young children.

'My mother.' Percy breathed out.

Andromeda nodded. 'Named after Walburga' favorite aunt Cassopiea.' She said pointing to another sneering witch. 'That's Walburga's brother's Alphard and Cygnus, her father Pollux, his wife Irma, and siblings: Cassiopeia, Dorea and Marius. We don't talk about Maiursa lot.'

'Why?' Percy asked.

'He's a squib.' Andromeda grimaced feeling bad for grand uncle Marius. 'a wizard-born person with no magical abilities. Dorea, later on, married Charlus Potter while Cassopiea is single. I never met Marius so I didn't know much about him. Walburga's brother Alphard was also single and Cygnus had three daughters. My older sister Bellatrix, myself, and Narcissa.'

'Then finally your uncles Sirius and Regulus. Younger than Cissa and unlike your mother were the terrors at our family get-togethers, Reg though was swayed by that hag Walburga. Sirius went to Gryffindor and well that was the final straw, Walburga started outright hating him as he was too stubborn and smart not to follow pure-blood supremacists. It is sickly amusing how our family being a pureblood fell so hard despite the dark lord's intentions. Orion, Cassiopeia, and Regulus were murdered, Walburga was insane to even in her death bed, Cissa was trapped in a loveless marriage, Bella in Azkaban. Sirius falsely imprisoned" she snorted slightly.

'Thats a lot to take in.' Percy admitted after a moment of silence.

'I know I'm sorry, I was rather excited.' Andromeda shrugged. 'Now I think it's your bedtime mister.'