Chapter 16

It was chaos at Mount Olympus. Percy, Annabeth, and Grover were the last ones left.

"The knife, Percy," Annabeth muttered. Her breath was shallow. "Hero . . . cursed blade . . ."

He saw Kronos grasping his sword. Then he bellowed in pain and dropped it. His hands were smoking and seared. The hearth fire had grown red-hot like the scythe wasn't compatible with it. Percy saw an image of Hestia flickering in the ashes, frowning at Kronos's with disapproval.

Luke turned and collapsed, clutching his ruined hands.

"Please, Percy . . ."

He struggled to his feet. Percy moved toward him with the knife. "I should kill him. That was the plan." was his thoughts.

Luke seemed to know what I was thinking. He moistened his lips.

"You can't . . . can't do it yourself. He'll break my control. He'll defend himself. Only my hand. I know where. I can . . . can keep him controlled."

"That's not what I meant Luke," Percy said softly. "You're going to survive and you're going to apologize to May Castellan and maybe kiss Annabeth."

Taking out his Alder wand, he bellowed "AVADA KEDAVRA!"

And a flash of blinding green light and a rushing sound from the tip of his wand, the light soaring through the air, hit Luke instantly. The son of Hermes fell backward and emerged from his body, like sand from the hourglass, was an abode, slowly taking its form. But Percy waited no more, with Annabeth's knife on the ground, he picked it up, and throw it right at Kronos forming body, right in his chest.

The crooked one howled, his eyes were glowing like lava. The throne room shook, throwing Percy off his feet. Kronos's body was now complete, and it growing brighter and brighter. He shut his eyes and felt a force like a nuclear explosion blister his skin and crack his lips.

It was silent for a long time.

When Percy opened his eyes, he saw Luke sprawled at the hearth. Pale but breathing. On the floor around him was a blackened circle of ash. Kronos's scythe had liquefied into molten metal and was trickling into the coals of the hearth, which now glowed like a blacksmith's furnace

Luke was unconscious as he and Grover ran towards him with Annabeth.

"He's alive," Grover said as he checked his pulse.

A few minutes later, he opened his eyes, slowly, with Annabeth by his side, holding his hand and Percy knelt next to him

"Do you love me?" Luke said, still looking at her.

"I. . ." Annabeth paused, then looked at Percy and Grover.

"I'll go." and Percy got up, "Come on goat boy." and walked over to Grover.

"You think he'll be good to her?" said Grover, sitting on the sofa nearby.

Percy flopped down to it, took a deep breath.

"I hope so," Percy said, looking out at the blue sky. "But if he doesn't we're going to kill him right?"

"Oh absolutely."

A few minutes later the gods came in their full war regalia, thundering into the throne room and expecting a battle. And they almost did, when they saw a healthy Luke standing there, along with Percy, Annabeth, and Grover.

 Luke had asked for forgiveness, and he did get it, for what he had done for and to Olympus, but he was still going to be punished, Luke will never be able to set foot to Camp Half-Blood nor Olympus. And despite all the disagreement from Percy, he accepted it.