Chapter 42

Percy was surrounded by darkness. Floating into nothingness.

"I must be dead." Percy thought. But where was he? There was no trial, no fields of punishment, nothin. He might be where the faded Gods are. In Chaos.

Percy tried to move but his body won't obey. It was like someone is controlling them.

"Hello Perseus." a voice said. It was calm, deep, and powerful. "You have not completed your destiny. Protect Harry Potter. We'll meet again Perseus."

Eric Munch was a normal watch wizard at the ministry of magic. Due to the recent events, security has doubled and more Aurors have been called back to headquarters. Now that you-know-who is back and Dumbledore proved Fudge wrong. It was a matter of when Fudge will either be ousted or resigned.

He unlocked the doors to the department of mysteries for regular patrolling and saw something unique. Inside was the veil, an enigmatic structure located in the Department of Mysteries. It seemed to be a manifestation of the barrier between the land of the living and the land of the dead. People say that whoever enters the veil will never come back. But the first person to go through it was Perseus Black, Head of the Black family. He was hit by the killing curse by Bellatrix Lestrange and had passed in the veil and had been declared dead for over a month. Probably to keep his seat in check, Fudge posthumously awarded Black Order of Merlin first class for his recognition of his services to the ministry which seemed more like an insult as Black was noted to have a particular dislike towards the ministry.

But not for long because Eric had just witnessed a body glid out of the veil and landed with a soft thump. He looked horrible. His hair was grey and his skin was pale. Not to mention that he looks like he lost a stone. His cheeks were hollow and his robes were tattered.

He set a Patronus message to the nearest healers, guards, and Amelia Bones, his boss.

Within minutes they came, with Amelia Bones leading the way. There were also healers from St. Mungos. Eric checked his pulse. He nodded. He was alive but he was in a trance.

"Take him to St Mungo's." Amelia barked out to the healers.

Percy just woke up in a hospital bed. He guessed that he was in St. Mungos. The healer in charge was none other than Diana Greengrass. She rushed towards him and pulled him into a bear hug crying. He couldn't help but return the hug too.

"You idiot," Diana muttered. "You daft idiot."

Apparently, a lot of people have been visiting him while he was in a coma. There was the entire Weasley family (Minus Percy), Neville Longbottom, Rigel, Coraline, Luna Lovegood, The Tonks's, and Professor McGonagall (both were admitted to St. Mungo's), Remus Lupin, Sirius and Jenna Black, Harry, Hermione, Professor Dumbledore now the newly reinstated headmaster of Hogwarts and (it only happened once) his father.

And when he was discharged it was ironically the same time Jenna Black was giving birth. 

Right now, he was waiting outside alongside Remus, Andromeda, Ted, Tonks, and Sirius the latter who was in extremely needed cheering charms.

"Calm down Sirius," Percy said. "Just be patient."

"I can't! I can't be patient! I'M FREAKING OUT, PERCY!" Sirius started flapping his arms hysterically, panicking once again.

"Stop acting like a lunatic Sirius!" Tonks retorted resisting the urge to laugh. 

"Wait," Sirius said turning pale. "Could the baby be a dog?"

"A what!?"

"Sirius I'm pretty sure your baby won't be a dog." Andromeda sad

"This is what I get. This is what I deserve after laughing at James when Harry was being born," said Sirius, sitting down on one of the chairs set outside in the corridor as he ran a hand through his hair.

"What did he say?" Percy whispered.

"He told James that Harry could be a half centaur," Remus whispered back. 

"Sirius, it's normal to freak out a bit. I did too," said Ted, shrugging with a little smile. "But everything's going to be f—"

Remus was saying, but his words were cut off when the door to Jenna's room opened and one of the Healers walked out, a bright smile on her lips. Sirius promptly shot to his feet, gaping at her in horror.

"How is she? How's the baby?" he asked rapidly, not even waiting to catch his breath in between words.

"The babies are fine and so is your wife." The healer replied smiling.

"B-babies." Sirius stuttered. "I have twins."

" A boy and girl." The healer nodded 

"Merlin's beard! Congratulations!" Tonks exclaimed and Remus and Percy happily patted Sirius on the shoulder, who was grinning like a fool even though he was still in shock.

"You may come in." said the healer. 

Sirius looked back at his family, still transfixed on the spot.

"Go ahead." Percy smiled. "We'll inform the others."

A while later, everyone was allowed to come in. Percy saw a teary-eyed Sirius holding a pink bundle while a tired but Happy Jenna holding a blue bundle.

"She's beautiful." Percy smiled looking at the baby girl.  "So what's the name of these two little pranksters?"

"Pranksters?" Jenna raised an eyebrow.

"Oh come on Jenna. Your baby is a Potter-Black boy, I'm sure my little cousins would be great pranksters. Hmm... we should start training them young."

"So have you decided on a name yet?" Harry asked looking holding his baby cousin. 

"We have and the godfathers."Jenna smiled. She took her son and handed him to a surprised Remus. "Remus, meet your godson, Alphard Sirius Black."

Remus gaped at him. "Jenna I-"

"Oh just accept your idiot," Jenna said frustrated.

"I.. accept. I suppose." Remus shrugged but the smile wasn't off of his face.

"And Percy," Sirius said handing his daughter to a surprised Percy. "Meet your goddaughter, Sally Andromeda Black."

Percy just gaped at his new goddaughter who slowly opened her eyes. To his surprise, she hadn't inherited Siriu's grey nor Jenna's hazel brown eyes.

They were a bright blue. Just like his mother's.

Percy just opened his mouth ever so slightly. Sally sleepily holding his pinky finger and letting out a small laugh.

"Aww isn't that adorable." Tonks cooed.

"Yep," Percy said with a straight face, and to everyone's confusion, he started to walk away.

"Uh, Percy..." Sirius said. "Give me back my daughter!"

"She's mine now," Percy said flipping Sirius off.