Chapter 29

It was September first; the last time Percy was going to board the Hogwarts express for a new year at the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

In the morning, the Tonks cottage was deep in silence. Percy had woken up earlier than ever as he'd already planned.

Not three seconds later a loud boom erupted the place and his godmother's shrieks followed after him as he laughed.

"For the hundredth time! NO PRANKING INSIDE THE HOUSE!"

When Percy finally got to the kitchen to meet Tonks, they broke down into laughter, fist-bumping each other, "Good one, Black."

When Rigel arrived at their doorstep with his trunk all ready so they could all go together, he glanced at his aunt questioningly, who looked to be in a foul mood.

"What did you do?" Rigel signed.

Bringing back old memories," said Percy with a grin, receiving a glare from Aunt Dromeda as she walked toward them in the yard.

"God bless Diana Greengrass for putting him up," said Aunt Dromeda mostly to herself, waiting for her husband to show up as well.

When they finally got to King's Cross station, the two Slytherins carried their trunks inside the train before getting out again to bid Mr. and Mrs. Tonks goodbye.

"Oh you've grown up so fast," said aunt Dromeda, going to hug him, overwhelmed with emotions. "Try not to cause too much trouble, will you?"

"Who, us?" Rigel scoffed. "We never get into trouble."

Andromeda chuckled before turning to Percy with a disappointing look, saying, "Can't you just make your hair a little neater now that you're Head Boy?"

"Nah, I like it this way," said Percy with a grin, running his hand through his jet-black hair and ruffling it up, making it even messier.

Andromeda shook her head at him with a sigh. "Now go on, you three. You don't want to miss the train."

"Goodbye," said Percy, waving at the Tonks along with Rigel as they finally got into the train

A half-hour later, Penelope Clearwater the head girl told Percy that they should head for the Heads compartment to prepare for their meeting with the prefects which would be in another hour, earning a groan from her fellow headboy. Diana wanted to accompany them but Penelope refused, saying she would only distract Percy as they planned for the meeting and she wasn't a perfect.

Rigel was the first to come, followed by his girlfriend Coraline. Hot on his heels was Percy Weasley the seventh-year Gryffindor prefect and Robert Hillard and Gabriel Truman came in. Within the next quarter-hour, the rest of the prefects appeared and finally Cedric Diggory the new Hufflepuff prefect came.

Percy started the meeting and explained that with Sirius Black on the loose, prefects had to keep their wands ready at all costs. Sirius Black was a ruddy good wizard and immediately they must stun and body bind him. They also mentioned warning muggle-raised first-year students about dementors because they didn't want one to get the kiss. They then settled down to arranging the patrol schedules before ending the meeting.

The rest of the trip to Hogwarts was peaceful (Other than a dementor break in which Percy had chased out with a Patronus.) and they soon arrived at Hogsmeade station as the sun was setting.

Eventually, Percy and his friends were able to arrive at the entrance to the castle, they had only taken a few steps forwards when Professor McGonagall and an irritated-looking Professor Snape arrived in front of them.