Chapter 26

In the Tonks household, Percy and Tonks were both sat cross-legged on Percy's bed with Mrs. O leary (Who Percy had brought back from America) curled up and resting on the floor next to the bed. It had been just a day after Percy had come back from America and while he looked alright everyone had noticed a haunted look in him and even Andromeda who was one of the closest to Percy couldn't open him up and in the end, they gave him his distance.

Percy's room was much nicer than before, the bed was big enough to easily fit two people. He had a rather elegant-looking desk, several shelves full of books, a cupboard that was half full with muggle clothes, and half-filled with wizarding clothes. His window offered a nice view of the street outside, He had decorated the walls with posters of the weird sisters, his quidditch team Appleby Arrows, and football team Chelsea F.C. The ceiling, however. instead of being a simple ceiling showed the outside sky and would only activate at night so Percy didn't get blasted with sunlight if it was too bright.

"Alright, say 'ah'," Tonks said as she lifted a mandrake leaf in one hand and held her wand in the other.

"Ah," Percy said as he opened his mouth, holding it as wide open as possible.

"Alright, just stay still," Tonks said before she placed the mandrake in his mouth, pushing it onto the roof of his mouth. Tonks aimed her wand and cast a sticking charm on it so it stuck to the roof. "Okay," Tonks said as she removed her hand from Percy's mouth, she cast a cleaning spell on her hand. "So, it should be stuck now but we'll make sure to reapply the sticking charms every day. How does it taste?" She asked in a curious voice.

"Wawa land," Percy replied.

"What?" Tonks blinked. Percy coughed and cleared his throat.

"Sorry, I meant to say rather bland," Percy said. "So...I have to keep this in my mouth for a month, right?" Percy asked.

"Yep." Tonks nodded before she turned to the book on how to become an animagus and began reading part of it out loud. "It says that 'Part of the process by which one became an Animagus is holding the leaf of a mandrake in their mouth for an entire month, using the leaf for the creation of a potion, reciting the incantation 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus' daily, and drinking the Animagus potion during a lightning storm.', so yeah. One month." Tonks shrugged. "Mum can help you without the potion but most of it you can do yourself. Dads worked out when the next lightning storm will be and we should be able to do it fairly soon unless you spit the leaf out or swallow it. Because if you do then we got to start again." Tonks said, adding the last part as a warning.

"Got it." Percy nodded. "You do know I can create a storm right. I just need to insult a random God and it will come."

"Oh." Tonks blinked. "Ok then now let's what's next after waiting for a month...ah this is about the potion...' the wizard or which has to spit the leaf in a vial within range of the moon's pure rays. To the moon-struck vial, the wizard or which must add one of their hairs, a silver teaspoon of dew that had not seen sunlight or been touched by human feet for seven days, and the chrysalis of a Death's-head Hawk Moth. The mixture had to then be put in a quiet, dark place, and could not be in any way disturbed.

The next thing that had to happen was for the wizard or witch to wait for an electrical storm, whenever that might be.' Tonks finished.

"Peachy," Percy said in a dry voice before a thought occurred to him. "Hey, can you put like a spell on the leaf so that food and drinks don't damage it?" Percy asked. "That sounds much better than just being careful and it's less likely to damage the leaf and reduces the risk of us starting over again."

"You just want to eat my mum's food," Tonks said knowingly.

"I'm sorry but if she makes that stuff then that woman is an angel."