Chapter 20

Rigel groaned as Percy shook him awake. 

"Wake up you lazy sod we've got an early quidditch practice this morning," the raven-haired demigod said sternly. "Wake up or you're off the team."

"Alright alright," Rigel murmured. "Git."

Percy chuckled and shook his head at his cousin. As he rummaged for his quidditch uniform his mind went back to the dream he had gotten that night. One of the first things he had noticed was that the dream took place in a forest, the second thing he noticed was that Luke was there unconscious

Unfortunately, Percy couldn't wake up the son of Hermes who looked as if he had been petrified. 

Making a mental note to write a quick letter to Annabeth about the whereabouts of Luke after the quidditch practice he shuffled towards the bathroom intent to have a proper bath. After slipping on his Slytherin sweater and the dark green quidditch robes of the team he opened his trunk and pulled out his still shrunken Nimbus. Muttering the reverse spell the broom returned to its original size and Percy begin to polish it as he waited for Rigel to finish fixing his hair or whatever.

Rolling his eyes Percy pocketed his quidditch gloves (the best dragon hide obviously) and slung his broom over his shoulder as he walked out the dorm towards the common room where the other players were waiting. When he and Rigel got there, the team was already there grinned at each other and clapped Rigel and Draco (Who was now the new seeker) and admired their Nimbus 2001's which Mr. Malfoy have so kindly given them all 

"Send our thanks to your father Malfoy," Marcus Flint said and other members of the team also said their thanks whilst grinning and saying how the Gryffindor team have got absolutely no chance against them this year (which is obviously true).

As they were walking they were stopped by the Gryffindor team who were also dressed in their quidditch gear.

"Black! what are you doing here?" Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor keeper, and team captain demanded. "I booked the pitch for Gryffindor."

"Hi Wood," Percy said in a cheery voice. "How's you mum?"

"I booked the pitch!" Wood repeated through gritted teeth. Percy noticed several other Gryffindor's arriving, including Weasley, Granger, and Harry Potter.

"Maybe, but I've got a note from Professor Snape that says we can use the pitch." Percy grinned. "We need it to train our new seeker."

"You've got a new seeker? Who?" Wood all but demanded.

"That'd be me," Draco said as he steps forward, past the other Slytherin's. "And that's not all that's new this year." Draco grinned as he held up his new broom along with the rest of the team.

"Those are Nimbus 2001's!" Ron exclaimed. "Where did you get those?"

"Oh, they're gifts for your family," Percy said sarcastically.

"What? Really?"

"..."

"..."

"Gods of Olympus, you're so thick," Percy muttered as he rolled his eyes.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some my father can afford the best," Draco smirked.

"At least nobody on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," Hermione replied. "they got in on pure talent."

"Nobody asked you, know-it-all," Draco said, glaring at Hermione. He was tempted to call her a mudblood but knew that Percy wouldn't like that at all and he had no desire to make Percy angry, that was not a safe thing to do.

Then Rigel spoke up. "You say talent. I say swallowing a Snitch isn't."

The Slytherin team laughed while Harry went red in embarrassment. 

"Look how about this Ollie mate," Percy spoke up. "We've got new brooms and a new seeker, we need the training time more than you do seeing as you have the exact same brooms and players. Besides, based on my experience last year and from what I know all about you, it's likely that you're going to spend every free moment you have made them practice anyway, so how about you don't hoard the pitch like last you did for the past two years and delay your daily practices by a day." Percy calmly suggested.

"We do practice more than necessary." Angelina Johnson agreed, sending an apologetic look to Oliver who looked like someone had just insulted his mother.

"See," Percy nodded. "Now we have permission to use the pitch. So why don't we go and do that while you Gryffindor's go and relax for the day? And I'm pretty sure none of you had breakfast."

"Shut it, Black," Ron said before Wood or any of the other Gryffindor's could reply. "You and your snakes should be the ones that should go."

"Dear lord Weasley." Percy signed. "You are just like your brother." though he didn't mention which one. "We are not actual snakes and that the snake is just a mascot

"Hmm, maybe he thinks that he's an actual lion." Draco laughed. "Though I think he's more of an untrained house rat. How much do you want to bet that somebody has put a scratching post in his room?"

"Probably next to his litter box." Diana grinned.

"Shut it," Ron said as he pulled his wand out, he wasn't able to get far as Percy, Rigel, Diana, Coraline, and Draco had quickly pulled their own wands out and hit Ron with five different hexes that knocked him off of his feet and onto his butt. This caused the other Gryffindor and Slytherin students to pull their wands out.

"What is going on here?" A voice demanded, just as Professor McGonagall arrived on the scene.

"Weasley was about to attack Draco Professor," Percy said quickly before anyone could reply. "I saw him pulling out his wand so I quickly hit him with a hex."

"And why would he pull his wand out on you?" Professor McGonagall asked, looking very unamused.

"Well, Professor, it kind of went like this..." Percy said before he began explaining what had happened, the Slytherin's all agreeing and nodding in the right parts, by the end of it Professor McGonagall had a thoughtful look on her face.

"That's what the Slytherin's are saying, what about you?" Professor McGonagall asked the Gryffindor's. Ron immediately began claiming that the Slytherins started all of this. Unfortunately for him, the other Gryffindor's except Harry and Hermione were not so willing to lie to their head of the house and actually told a version of events that matched Percy's story.

"I see, Mr. Ronald Weasley, that will be two weeks of detention for lying and pulling your wand out on a student along with five points from Gryffindor." She said in a disappointed voice before turning to the other Slytherin's. "You may go to your practice." She said in what was a clear dismissal, the Slytherin's took it for what it was and quickly left not before guffawing at Ron puking slugs.