Chapter 32

In no time at all, Defence Against the Dark Arts had become most people's favorite class. Only Draco Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins had anything bad to say about Professor Lupin.

'Look at the state of his robes,' Malfoy would say in a loud whisper as ProfessorLupin passed. 'He dresses like our old house-elf.'

But Percy didn't care about his robes. From Banshes's they moved to inferius, a dead body, reanimated by a Dark Wizard's spell. Then from that and at Dumbledore's insistence, learned the patron's spell where Percy was the first and only person who mastered it.

"Excellent Mr. Black," Lupin said as his pegasus galloped Ten points to Slytherin. Yes, you too Miss Greengrass-"

He even heard from Draco that Potter didn't know anything about their uncle. He didn't even know that it was because of Black that his parents were dead! Maybe some should explain it to him.

On the morning of Halloween, those who could go went down to the entrance hall where Filch -the caretaker- checked names from a long list and made sure nobody tried to sneak out. Feeling comfortable in a pair of black slacks, a silk button-down and heavy black robes with subtle golden engravings on the edges that were charmed to always feel warm on the inside (boy did it feel good to be out of his school uniform) Percy stood in the line with his Dianaholding his hands.

Suddenly a voice cut through the quiet conversations in the hall. "Staying, Potter? Scared the Dementors will find you?" smirked Draco to the laughter of the Slytherins around them. Turning to the glasses-wearing Gryffindor (who now had an annoyed expression on his face) Percy noted that the boy was indeed walking away from the line

Turning his attention back to the now moving line Percy waited impatiently for Filch to search for his name on the list before he was finally allowed to begin his walk from the castle's gate to the small village known as Hogsmeade

Diana first dragged him to Tomes and Scrolls where she bought them (yes them) N.E.W.T guides and books about Norse magic. for Annabeth's cousin Magnus who was a son of Frey. She even dragged him to Gladrags wizard wear and bought him a green scarf that brought his eyes out and other winter equipment.

Soon they all trudged out of the store with numerous shopping bags in hand laughing their heads out. The couple decided against going to the Three Broomsticks as it was most likely swarmed with other Hogwarts students and instead went to a Brews and Stews, a nice quiet cafe that served warm tea, coffee, butterbeer, and some nice cakes and biscuits.

Once they were safely back within the walls of Hogwarts the group of Slytherins immediately went down to the dungeons to go the dormitories where they dumped all of the things they bought and changed into warmer and cleaner clothes. Swathed in a comfortable wool Slytherin sweater and a scarf, Percy and the others left for the Great Hall which was decorated for the Halloween feast.

That night a certain Sirius Black had decided to attack the portrait of the painting who stood guard of the Gryffindor dormitories. Fearing for the safety of the students, Dumbledore had instructed all the teachers to summon back all the Ravenclaws, Slytherins, and Hufflepuffs to the great hall along with the Gryffindors where they will be staying for the night in sleeping bags. Picking a spot in the corner of the hall on the Slytherin side other students gave a wide berth for the boy as they saw his menacing scowl.

Percy had asked the bloody baron if he could find any animal in the castle if black managed to get past the castle, he must be an animagus so the bloody baron nodded and left rallying the other ghosts.

Once every hour, a teacher would reappear in the Hall to check that everything was quiet. Around three in the morning, when many students had finally fallen asleep, Professor Dumbledore came in. Harry watched him looking around for Percy who was only a short way away from Harry, Ron, and Hermione,. The trio quickly pretended to be asleep as Dumbledore's footsteps drew nearer.