Chapter 27

Percy and the Tonsk were visiting Diagon alley after collecting Percy's seventh-year books.(As a reward, they had gotten him the new nimbus 2001)  He had run into Harry Potter (which at first was a bit awkward) and the Weasley's which wasn't so bad considering Percy had gotten on well with the twins although Percy Weasley might have been slightly jealous when Tonks made subtle comments that he got the headboy badge and he didn't.

Once they called One of the three Black family house elves to take back all their purchases to the cottage, they went to Florian Fortescue's ice cream parlor and got themselves double-deckers. Once done, they headed to Gringotts. As they entered, Percy bowed to the teller and handed him a slip of parchment.

The goblin looked at the parchment carefully and said, "Very well. Griphook! Take them to Ragnork's office."

With that, the party of four went to the office of the Potter family account manager. When they entered, they all bowed in respect to the goblin who bowed back.

"Greetings, Master Ragnok," said Ted in a dignified voice.

"Greetings, Mr. and Mrs. Tonks," said the goblin. "How may I help you today?"

"My godson Perseus had recently turned seventeen and I wanted to inheirt the lordship," said Ted. "I had informed you about this before."

Ragnok nodded and took out a sheet of parchment. He looked through it and said, "Everything seems to be in order, Mrs. Tonks nee Black. Once you sign it and give the ring to your godson, it would become official. I have taken the liberty of keeping the Lordship ring here after Late Lord Arcturus Black had passed away."

"Thank you," said Andromeda as she went through the official form. Once she was satisfied, she turned to Percy. "Perseus, I want you to understand the seriousness of this responsibility," he said sternly. "This isn't a laughing matter. Once you place the ring on your finger, you are responsible for the Black family, which includes everyone that is currently alive. I want you to promise me that you will behave responsibly and not misuse your lordship."

"I promise," said Percy trying to hide his nervousness. As much as he didn't like it, there was no denying the fact that it was the eldest male that got to become the Lord of the family. Technically It should've been his uncles but one's dead and the others on the run and besides Arcturus Black had given him the heirship ring when he was thirteen. This was a big step for him

Just as he swallowed his nervousness, he felt a gentle squeeze of his hand. Percy turned and saw the smiling face of Tonks, who nodded to her cousin, telling him to go ahead. With a smile in return, Percy put on the Lord ring on his right ring finger. The ring flashed and resized to fit his finger. It was a thin band made of gold, with a small green emerald ring bearing the Black crest.

"Congratulations, Lord Black," said Ragnok. "Please drop five drops of blood on this parchment. It scans the family magic present in your blood. It is just to confirm that the family magic has indeed accepted you."

Taking a deep breath, Percy cut his palm and let the drops of blood fall on the parchment. Once done, Andromeda healed his cut with a gentle wave of her hand. The goblin looked at the writing on the parchment and eyes widened.

"You're a-"

"Yep," Percy said without blinking.

"A demigod" Ragnok muttered. "You're the son of Poseidon arent you?"

"Defeater of Kronos, Gaia, Hyperion, Hero of Olympus. Yep." Percy said nonchalantly.

"I... see." The goblin said, they too had heard the son of Poseidon and if he was the same one, they could respect him. After all, no one could just fight three titans, two giants, and a primordial and just live. "Would you like to see your father's vault?"