Chapter 19

FLYING FORD ANGLIA MYSTIFIES MUGGLES

A flying car!? That too from London to Scotland! Gemma was right though how she caught that information remains a mystery till his deathbed.

You get stuck at the platform and the first thing you do is steal a flying car in one of the busiest places in muggle-infested London?!

"How in Merlin's beard are they not expelled!" Rigel said with disgust. 

Percy couldn't help agree. If it was a Slytherin, they would've been expelled within a blink of an eye. "They should have been! they could've exposed the Wizarding community" those who were listening nodded in agreement and were starting to throw in their own opinions when the hall fell silent.

A clumsy barn owl had bared down a gift from Olympus.

A nice red howler straight to the youngest Weasley male.

The entirety of the Slytherin table seem to grin and lean forwards in anticipation as the howler sprang to life.

"RONALD WEASLEY!.."

Not a bad way to start the year Percy thought with a grin as he downed an entire goblet of pumpkin juice and laughed along with his friends.

After they had eaten, they remained in their places, awaiting Professor Snape's descent from the staff table. The distribution of timetables was more complicated than usual this year, for Professor Snape needed first to confirm that everybody had achieved the necessary O.W.L. grades to continue with their chosen N.E.W.T.s.

Percy was cleared for transfiguration, Charms, Potions, DADA (where Lockhart of all was teaching), Herbology, Arithmancy, and Ancient Runes and immediately rushed to an arithmancy class.

The first few days of the new term weren't too bad for Percy as far as his past year. He had met one of the new Gryffindor first years in the halls as he took a picture of Draco tripping Theodore Nott down the last few steps of one of the moving staircases. Colin was in the middle of taking a picture of the moving staircases as well and Percy had to save the poor kid from getting swept away by a crowd of fourth years who were rushing toward the dungeons for potions with Snape. Percy tried to bribe Colin for the photos, but once the kid saw Percy's house colors he bolted.

Then there was the first DADA class of the year. When they were greeted by a room literally full of Lockhart's portraits and frilly curtains Percy resigned himself to whatever insanity this course would throw at them this year. Bad enough that last year they had been taught in part by the actual Dark Lord or what remained of the guy anyhow. That at least made some sense. Who better to teach about defense against the dark arts than someone whose been practicing them for years? Now they had some egotistical moron who actually walked into the classroom in tights and a cape.

The pop quiz the new professor gave them did nothing to improve Percy's opinion of him.

Seriously? 'What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite color?' What did that have to do with DADA?

Percy put only random responses on the quiz and was dismayed to find that some of them were actually correct and horrified when he was the best in class.

Later when he sends his aunt Dromeda a letter about how his first week of classes is going and what DADA is like this year with an incompetent professor whose more interested in his own reflection than anything else and how he's starting to think that succeeding in the class might be worse than failing, her response comes with a thick tomb which also hiddenly contained the Black family Grimoire. If he's giving up on the class he can at least learn the relevant content outside the classroom.

Percy's godmother is the best.