Six

When you and ransom got home no one was awake, Meg knew you and ransom went out as you told her.

You couldn't help but replay the words meg did say "be careful with him I don't want to see you hurt" you knew she was right, but you were too far gone you couldn't go back now.

"I'm gonna go get changed" you say to ransom as you walk upstairs. As ransom watches you admiring you he walks to the kitchen where Richard stands "how did it go son?" Richard says drinking a scotch.

"perfect, she has no clue" ransom replies with a grin "keep it up and blood like wine is yours" Richard chuckles before walking up the stairs.

Ransom sat in silence thinking about what his father had said "blood like wine is yours" playing on repeat in his mind, consuming all his mind as the grin begins to drift away.

he began to imagine you, the way when you laugh the bridge of your nose scrunches and the way you weren't afraid to say what you think, it was those memory's that made him questioned his decisions.

"No" ransom said to himself, his greed taking over him.

Those thoughts being destroyed as the words of Richard begin to creep back in making his heart ache just a bit just as he heard you coming down those loud stairs making his head turn.

"I'm heading to bed" you say walking towards him holding your arms out as an invite him into your arms making the ache come back just for a second before he felt your arms wrap around him.

"good night beautiful" he whispered into your ear as he placed a kiss on your head "good night" you say into his chest breathing in his expensive perfume reminding you of the first night you saw him.

You watch him as he walks up the stairs leaving you with the company of yourself alone with your thoughts as you thought about the little flame that he had started in your heart.

did he even know? Did he feel the same? You sat there letting the thoughts consume you to sleep not aware that ransom was a floor above you thinking the same thing.

You woke up the next morning to the dogs licking your face, it was one week still Christmas and Harlen's birthday was this friday "oh hello" you say rubbing their heads.

"ally is that you dear?" you hear Harlen say from his office across the hall "morning Harlen" you say walking over to his office and taking a seat on the chairs in front of him.

"what are you working on?" you ask, the only thing you and Harlan had in common was his books "I'm doing a brain storm for a new book" he says closing his book.

"can I hear a few?" you ask "no dear not yet" Harlen says shaking his head "why not" you whine with a pout "there a surprise" he says with a soft smile.

Agreeing to let him surprise you "would you like a coffee or a tea?" you ask getting up to go to the kitchen "coffee" he says before you walk out.

"here you go" you smile handing Harlan his coffee "thank you ally" he smiles handing you lighter "what's this for?" you question running your fingers over the knife imprint on the lighter "I just thought you should have it" he says with a smile patting your hand.

"don't forget my birthday present this Friday" Harlan says with a wink watching you walk out before you close the door "how could i?" you say with a smile.

Running up the stairs in a rush to meg's room "I completely forgot about Harlan's birthday present" you say between each breath as you struggled to breath.

"oh shit same" meg replies "god im really out of shape" you say holding your stomach "okay well anyway get ready we are going into town".

"give me a second" megs says with a smile.

678 words vote :)