Ninteen

After sharing Christmas day together ransom was a bit on edge because of Harlan but thought he must have forgotten since it's almost dark.

At this point in time he didn't even want blood like wine he just wanted you.

He thought to himself and made the ruff decision that he will tell you everything tomorrow, he didn't want to ruin the beautiful day if shit went sideways with your reaction.

Everyone was in the lounge room chatting away enjoying each others company for once actually being together and not having an argument, that was new.

Harlan was in his office while you and ransom sat by the fire watching a movie, it was around 7:30, people were tipsy, you and ransom included.

"I'm gonna go get a glass of whisky want a refill?" You say getting up "yes please doll" handing you his cup.

Walking into kitchen you poor yourself and ransom a glass "ally dear" Harlan calls from his study "coming" you say walking into his office.

"What's up?" you asking putting the drink down on the desk taking a seat "I got you a present" he says handing you a gift "no way!" You say excited as his gifts were always good.

It won't beat ransoms but it was worth a try, as you open it it was a book with a brown leather case, a new book that he hasn't released yet.

"It this the one that you were working on when I saw you?" You ask "it's your own book I wrote for you, no one's ever gonna read it besides you and the people you read it to" he says with a smile.

"Oh my god" you say with an open jaw "thank you so much" you run over to him and wrap your arms around him "your welcome ally" he says patting your back.

Sitting back down you run your hand over the leather "ally I have one more thing for you but it's not a present" he says handing you an envelope.

"What is it?" You ask taking it and opening it, ask you go to read the paper there was nothing on it "is it supposed to say something?" You ask.

"Remember that lighter I gave you?" He says "invisible ink, it's upstairs I'll be right back " you say grabbing the whisky and running to ransom.

"I'll be right back" you say rubbing upstairs "okay" he says still on the floor, running up stairs you run into yours and ransoms room and begin to dig through your bags.

"Aha" you say finding it, opening back the envelope you light the lighter and hold it behind the paper not to close to make sure not to burn it.

As you see the gold letters arrive your eyes widen in excitement, the gold cursive always got you exited. When you wouldn't go to Harlan's for Christmas he would send you one of these to wish you a marry Christmas and give you good news.

Walking over to the bed you sit down and wait for the letters to finish. As the finish the peace of paper shows a paragraph as you start to read.

"Dear ally

I'm so sorry to inform you this heart throbbing news, a few weeks ago I was in my study and over heard a conversation between ransom and his father.

What I'm about to tell you may hurt but be please brave, Richard made a bet with ransom that if he got you to fall in love with him before Christmas he will get blood like wine when I pass away.

I told ransom that I overheard the conversation and made a bet with him, the bet was that if he doesn't tell you the truth before today I will.

I'm again so sorry dear- Harlan"

Reading those words you feel your eyes being devoured with tears as a tear falls on the golden written peace of paper.

You didn't want to believe it, you convinced yourself for just a second that this was not true. Your broken heart shattered into a million pieces not even love could fix it.

As you drop the peace of paper holding your hands over your face, the memories of the last 3 months flash through.

The love not only shared in sex, but kisses, little presents, the way you felt comfortable falling asleep in his arms.

You began to hate yourself from trusting in the man you shared 'I love you's with a few night before.

how could you be so stupid enough to think he could actually fall in love with you in just 3 months. You scoff as the heartbreak turned into sadness which then turned into anger.

Oop 794 words x vote