ONE, music stars

#% ILLIAD MOON <3 !!!

"yes mom, my flight boards in about 23 hours, i am all packed and ready to go" i tell the woman who speaks on the other end of the phone. my hand slaps the large suitcase in front of me.

"i cannot wait to see you!" she shouts into my ear as i plop myself down onto my bed. "me too mom! i miss you so much, i'll be home soon, i gotta go now, my friends are here with me" i tell her and i can practically hear the smile on her face get wider.

"okay baby! goodnight!" she says before hanging the phone up. my mom was so beyond worried that i wouldn't make any friends when i moved to the states, she was so worried that i would sulk because i didn't have my boys with me. but she was wrong.

entirely wrong.

moving out of the country and getting amazing new scenery without my friends and family was quite a refreshing change. something i didn't expect i would love as much as i do.

although i did miss them more than anything, i liked the change that was happening for once. i was able to extend my wings out and finally be able to explore the world. the boys weren't holding me back for once, chirping in my ear about how i could get hurt and a bunch of other overprotective nonsense.

i was able to be myself.

"was that your mom?" penny asks me. i look over at her while nodding. penny is the first friend i made when i moved to the united states. she's korean too and lived there until she was 13, that's when her family moved to the states. she moved from los angeles to pursue her singing career.

"yeah, she's wants to make sure i'm ready to come home tomorrow" i say laying down on my bed next to her. "she just wants to you be safe" yeonjun says from the other side of me, he was another one of the korean friends i had made, it was like all of us were magnets to each other.

yeonjun was a bit more than a friend. i will never specify what that means but i will let your mind wander, thinking of all the possibilities that could exist.

"i know, i'm so excited to see her and my friends and congratulate my innie" my cheeks puff up as i smile wider. "that's the youngest right?" yeonjun asks cocking his left brow and i nod, reaching over him to grab the picture frame off of my nightstand. it's the one from my graduation this year with all the boys.

"right there, jeongin" i point to the boy. penny stops her scrolling to glance over at the picture. "shit, he's cute" she says sitting up and i shake my head. "he's a year younger than you pen" i say to the girl and all she does is give me a look.

"momma don't care, momma don't care at all."

i watch as yeonjun shakes his head towards penelope. my body echoes out some laughter as penny goes back to scrolling through her instagram feed.