TWO, home

#% ILLIAD MOON <3 !!!

"i don't see you" i say into my phone as i scan the many faces in the crowd of people waiting to greet their loved ones. "i see you!" my mom squeals into her phone. the call cuts off and i just stare down at the black screen.

the nerve of this woman.

"ah my princess!" is the only thing i hear before being attacked with hugs by a tall woman. i instantly wrap my arms around the thin figure. i can recognize one of my mothers hugs anywhere.

she squeezes me tighter than i've ever been squeezed before. "hi mom" i say as i hug her back, my voice is strained as she hugs me tighter and tighter.

"it is so nice to have you in my arms" her voice raises a few octaves and i laugh. i haven't seen her in 6 months. i never had the time to come back to korea and they rarely had time to come see me in the states.

they came once when harley was around 6 months. now he's a whole year old and totally growing into his features. i might be a little biased, but he's the cutest baby i've seen in the entirety of my life.

"wow, i guess i'm chopped liver" i hear my dad say and i look to see him holding a smiling harley in his arms. my baby brother looks at me and giggles, a wide smile spreading onto his face, his chubby cheeks totally blocking his vision. "i'm sorry dad how could i forget you and this little munchkin" i say. i pass the crate with benny in it over to my mother before going over to hug my dad and tickle the small nose that takes its place on my brothers face.

"can i hold him?" i ask and my mother gives me a look. "why would you even ask that?" she says and i laugh before taking my sibling from my fathers arms.

"il!" the toddler shouts wrapping his arm around my neck. i can feel his tiny lips press kisses to my collarbone. the boy is already so advanced for his age.

he is already walking and can say a few words, one time he created a whole sentence. my parents sent a video and i called them immediately so we could freak out together.

my bottom lip forms a pout at the sweet nature of my little brother. the boy is just so cute. "hi harls" i say taking my free hand, tickling his stomach with it. his giggle echoes in the airport and it's precious.

"say hi harley" my mom says in a sweet voice next to me.

his one hand breaks free from the grip around my neck and waves to me while saying a sweet, "hi!" he drags the 'i' out and it's the cutest thing i've ever heard.

its things like this that make me wish i never left korea. make me wish i could be here all the time for moments like these. the one thing i hate about being in the states is not being with my family, missing milestones and making memories.