TWENTY ONE, graduation

#% ILLIAD MOON <3 !!!

"are you guys absolutely sure you don't want to tag along?" i turn around to ask penny and yeonjun, the two of them sit on my bed together as they play with benny. they pet his stomach and scratch behind his ears and my young cat is in pure heaven.

"yes!" penny responds. "moonie, we have family to see here! don't worry about us, we will be okay" yeonjun says to me and i nod, still unsure.

i turn back around to look in the bathroom mirror. getting ready is quite possibly my favorite part of the day. i grab the lip tint that lays on the counter, swiping it across my lips before using my middle finger to blend the edges of it out.

my fingers entangle themselves in my hair as i fluff it up. i take a step back. a white dress encases my body, a cute gray sweater thrown over the top of it.

"i like it" yeonjun says as i turn to look at the back.

"thank you" i smile at him, walking over to my closet. i bend over to grab a pair of white frilly socks from my bottom shelf.

"he's thinking about taking it off of you" penny says and i laugh in response as i stand back up. "can you be appropriate for three seconds?" yeonjun turns to ask her.

she laughs at him.

"no, never."

i pull the socks onto my feet, walking over to grab my pair of black platform mary jane's.

"those are so cute" penny says as i take them from my shoe rack. "i know! i have to bring them back to new york" i say and she nods at me.

i grab my black crossbody from the back of my door before turning to my friends again. "you guys will be okay?" i ask again and they nod. "yes!" penny says loudly, "for the millionth time! go have fun at the graduation, we're going to go see our families."

"i just feel bad that i'm leaving you guys, i won't be back 'till late at night" i frown and they both shrug their shoulders.

"we'll have time to hang out with our own families and explore, i haven't been here in a few years. it will be nice to get out and see the city" yeonjun says and penny nods in agreement. "i haven't been here in at least year."

"okay," i grab my phone and check the time displayed at the top. "shit, i have to leave. i'll let you guys know when i'm on my way back though" i speak as i slip my phone into my purse.

"have fun!" i hear the both of them say as i exit my bedroom. i know they'll leave soon, they just wanted to hang a bit longer before exiting my home.