FIVE, absolute hell

#% ILLIAD MOON <3 !!!

jaemin rocks back and forth, staring at the ceiling. i walk in front of him and he shakes his head, keeping his eyes up.

"why are you shaking your head?" i laugh and he looks down at me with his tears in his dark eyes. "because i don't wanna say goodbye."

i wrap my arms around him, his arms wrapping around me even tighter. his lips press against the top of my head and he gives it a sweet kiss.

"you have given me the best few months of my life. i will never forget our little forever jae" i pull apart from the hug and look up at him. "i love you" he mouths as a tear comes rolling down his cheek.

i take the pad of my thumb and wipe it off before mouthing an "i love you" back.

the ringing of my alarm annoyingly wakes me up from my dream. it is the first time i have dreamed about him in at least two months. maybe three.

when i had first moved to new york, that last moment with him was the only thing that i had dreamt about. i didn't have any dreams. any good ones at least. all i dreamt about was leaving him and him falling out of love with me.

they were nightmares more than they were anything else. then after we stopped talking he was no longer in my dreams besides small cameos that would ruin them.

"get out of my head" i groan into my pillow. my face is pressed up against it and i want to do nothing more than screech into it for the next hour and a half. i don't though. i set the fluffed up matter down next to benny, the cat stirs awake when i slam the pillow next to his body.

a small meow leaves his mouth, he makes sure to let me know that i have deeply disturbed him.

"sorry" i quickly say to him before peeling my body from my bed. my hands run along my body as i fix the wrinkled parts of my pink and white pajamas. they are mainly white but have small baby pink hearts on them.

a pair of blushed bunny slippers slip onto my feet and i exit my room, walking down the stairs. one thing i did not miss is these stairs, they're so damn steep and walking down them when you're still half asleep is just an accident waiting to happen.

however, only one person has ever fallen down these stairs before and it was none other than han jisung. he went tumbling after running and tripping and it was the funniest thing ever. he didn't think it was funny though, he got a massive bruise across his shoulder blades and complained for weeks.

months even.

i once tapped his back a few months later and he yelped and claimed i slapped him. the boy was delusional.

i turn into the dining room as i make my way to see my parents but in fact, my parents aren't there at all. a tall skinny male sits at the table, my baby brother across from him. his black hair is parted in the center and falls on either sides of his slender face.

"what are you doing here?" i asked eyeing the male as he feeds my baby brother. hyunjin turns around and looks at me before going back to feeding the small mouth that belongs to dear harley.

"your parents had to run out quickly, one of their friends got into an accident or something. they said you wouldn't wake up so they called me" his dark eyes stare up at me. i notice the freckle beneath it and think about how many times my finger has tapped that god blessed mark.

"why didn't they call felix?" i rub my eyes once. hyunjin's eyes havent left me for the last minute. his eyes burn holes into my body and my face. i don't mind the attention as much as i want to hit him square in the nose.

"he would have to come from a little while aways" i watch as hyunjin turns around and feeds my baby brother another spoonful. harley looks up at the man i used to call my best friend with big bright eyes. it looks like he has twinkling stars trapped inside of them. "you would too" i retaliate back.

he does nothing but shake his head.

"i bought the house two doors down about a month and a half ago, well my company did after i bothered them enough."

i cock a brow. now why in the hell would he want to live so close to my old home if he hates me so much. "mooni-" i cut him off before my sweet name can leave his sour mouth.

"you are not allowed to call me that" i put my finger up. weird enough that i don't allow him to call me my own nickname now. especially because he is the one that made my nickname. he is the one that had donned me "moonie."

"sorry, illiad, i just want you to know that i am very sorry. i just want you to know that even if you will never accept my apology" hyunjin's eyes fill with sadness. the first time i've seen him like this in awhile.

i nod and the boy turns back to my baby brother. i just watch him. he slips the small spoon between harley's lips and when harley laughs, hyunjin smiles. i hate to admit it but the boy would be an absolutely amazing father. his long fingers reach out and tickle the belly of my brother.

loud, sweet giggles fill the air and my heart melts. god damn him for being so good with kids. "well, i'm awake so you can leave now" i say and he nods.

his lanky body turns towards harley one last time and gives the baby a high five. hyunjin's fingers meet his lips before he presses his kissed fingers against harley's forehead. "goodbye harley" hyunjin's voice raises an octave.

"bye bye" the baby waves with his right hand. the corners of my lips turn into a smile as the words leave harleys mouth.

hyunjin turns around and looks down at me. "have a good day illiad" he bows his head and i nod. i don't say anything, i don't utter a single word.

but as the boy goes to leave, my eyes follow him. they follow every movement he makes. they watch as he slips his coat and shoes on and pulls them tight to his body.

winter in korea bites at you and it is especially cold at the moment.

hyunjin turns around one last time as he's exiting. his eyes are begging me to ask him to stay. my heart refuses. our pupils stay locked on each other for a second before the door shuts and gets in the way.

my body wants to scream and cry. how could i even find him attractive any more?! these next few weeks are going to be absolutely hell.

 how could i even find him attractive any more?! these next few weeks are going to be absolutely hell

AUTHORSNOTE.zip
this one is a short one guys i'm
sorry lol. but the way i want them
back together already. i miss my
pain in the ass best friends