TWENTY THREE, not a fighter

#% ILLIAD MOON <3 !!!

"hey pal, have you ever though about, i don't know, killing yourself" penny says to yeonjun who sits on the other side of her.

"why would i want to kill myself when i look this good and have beaten you so many times" yeonjun says. i chuckle at his answer.

the two have been playing mario kart since before i got home twenty minutes ago. they've played 4 rounds since i got here and yeonjun has beat penny in every single one.

i've gotten the sense that he's been winning this entire time.

"if i lose one more time, i'm going to fly myself off of the balcony" penny points towards the glass doors that lead outside.

"you will not be doing that!" i speak up for the first time since i've walked inside of the room. "why not?" the corners of penny's lips turn downward, pouting at the words i had just uttered.

"girl," yeonjun looks over at our friend, "let's be serious now."

"you keep winning! i hate it" penny crosses her arms over her chest. "get over it you big baby" i watch as yeonjun pushes her shoulder, penny falling back with the motion.

"first you beat me in mario kart at least 15 times and NOW," penny yells, "you push me?"

the two begin to argue but i tune it out before i can really hear the harsh words they say to each other. it's easy to tune out. one, because the boys used to argue all the time and i got used to having to make my mind go blank so i wouldn't have a headache. and two, because penny and yeonjun always fight.

it was their sibling-like rivalry. the two knew each other from birth, their moms were and i'm pretty sure still are, best friends. my two friends grew up like cousins and it showed with both their closeness and their hatred for one another.

as i zone out, i look at the white, down comforter that lays on my bed. the three of us all sit on top of it so i can't be under it. my eyes trace the stitches as i rub my fingers over my lips.

i kissed hwang hyunjin.

i kissed famous idol, hwang hyunjin.

i kissed my best friend, hwang hyunjin.

i kissed one of the only men i've ever loved.

my eyes move from the blanket to my desk. a picture frame sits on it. it's from a few years after we became friends. we look quite stupid in it.