TEN, melting

#% ILLIAD MOON <3 !!!

the room is silent. felix sits across from me on the other side of my bed. my spine sits curved in front of the boy i love so dearly. he was the first person i thought to call after i got the message from penny.

"moonie" he mutters. my head slowly cranes up as i look at the light haired boy. blonde pieces of hair are pressed against his forehead, falling down in front of his dark, slender eyes. freckles dance across his nose and face in various positions. if i hadn't loved the boy so platonically, i could've had a crush on him.

he is a beautiful person, on the inside and on the outside as well.

"it's going to be okay" felix's dainty hand cups the side of my face. his finger wipes off the single tear that falls down at that moment. my face is already soaked and stained with the wetness of my tears from earlier.

"i don't think so lix" i take in one thick breath, choking on it as i do so. "well i do" he comments. the simple words make a chuckle come from my body.

"thank you" i say, throwing myself forward. my head falls into his lap and i look up at his face. "you're my best friend" i tell him and a wide smile flashes on his face. "you're my best friend too, moonie" he reveals and my heart swells with the platonic love.

everyone always says that there is no such thing as platonic love especially between a boy and a girl. i didn't believe it for a while either, with how much i romantically loved hyunjin. but felix and i are the proof that platonic love can exist between a boy and a girl.

i love the boy so much, he has helped me throughout every little thing.

his small fingers move a piece of hair away from my eyes. "you're too pretty to be crying moonie. he doesn't deserve your tears" felix's eyes roll in disgust of the thought of jaemin.

"i know, i'm not crying over him, i'm crying over the fact that the entire country of korea things i'm an awful person because of what happened in the cafe. that's not fair to me."

he doesn't say anything and his silence tells me that he is in agreement.

a whole week goes by after the video had been released and i had my cry with felix. i got looks a few places i went with my parents.

glances from teenage girls were the most frequent. they would whisper to each other and point. however, when i would look at them, their heads would suddenly turn and they would completely avoid eye contact with me.

it made me beyond angry.

hyunjin debuted two days after it had happened. my parents watched as he performed his debut song for millions of people through a television screen. not to mention the hundred people that were already there.