TWENTY, memories

#% ILLIAD MOON <3 !!!

i glance between yeonjun and hyunjin some more. they stare right back at me. i can feel penny's eyes burning holes into the back of my head before i open my mouth.

"hi" i breathe out a breath i didn't even know i was holding in.

"hi" hyunjin's confused face melts slightly and a small smile forms on his once stoic face.

"you know this guy?" yeonjun asks looking back at hyunjin, his eyebrows are stitched together. "that's hyunjin" penny cuts me off before i can even say anything.

hyunjin looks over to her and i turn around to look at my best friend. well actually, i try to shoot her a glare but she doesn't catch it, her eyes are fixed on hyunjin.

she walks forward and bows slightly to the older male. "hi i'm penny, big fan, so glad to meet you" she talks faster than i've ever heard her talk before. "uh, thank you" hyunjin awkwardly bows back to her.

"well, uh," penny looks back at me before looking over at yeonjun, "yeonjun, let's let them have their space for a second. it seems like they need to talk."

penny grabs onto yeonjun and drags him towards the living room. "but-" he starts but penny cuts him off quickly.

"it was so nice meeting you! have a goodnight hyunjin!" penny says as she drags yeonjun from hyunjin and i. i can hear them start to argue but it gets fainter the farther they get away.

i turn back to hyunjin and he's already looking at me.

"we'll talk outside" i say and he nods, taking a step back so i can meet him outside on the porch.

i notice that it's raining but the awning above us covers us so we don't get wet. well at least i don't get wet, i can see from his short walk over that his dark hoodie had gotten a little damp with the rain that fell.

"what's going on?" i ask and he looks down at me.

"who's that?" he asks me, playing dumb, and i raise an eyebrow at him. "yeonjun?" i ask and he nods. "well, uh, yeonjun," i repeat, "and the girl is penny, sorry about her."

"she talks fast" he says and i laugh in response, nodding.

"yeah, she reminds me of jisung a lot, she just rambles and rambles until she gets tired and eventually knocks herself out" i say and my words earn a laugh from his tall body.

"why is he here?" hyunjin asks, putting emphasis on the word 'he'. his words make my head tilt to the side. "why is he here?" i repeat his question and he nods in response.