Too Late... (Finale Pt. 2)

A/N: FINALLY! I finally got around to finishing this! I'm so sorry that I haven't been active everyone. I've been juggling a lot with school and whatnot but I wanted to make sure this and the next few one shots coming out are the best that they can be. Fractured is going to be on pause for a bit because I'm still working on the next chapter and I've almost written myself into a corner a few times. But! I'll get through it. For now, enjoy this conclusion to 'Too Late...' I have plans for posting some more one shots over the next couple of days so keep an eye out for those!

Also, I have some ideas for later on that may involve some more to 'Too Late...' but you'll have to wait and see. ;)

Hope you all enjoy! 

Love ya guys! ^-^

-KittCat

John kept his head tilted down as everyone's gazes bore into his skull. A heavy silence had engulfed the room and he couldn't help but awkwardly shift where he sat.

This really wasn't how he was expecting things to go...

When he had woken up, he honestly thought he was dead. He thought he had actually managed to end his existence with such a stupid mistake.

But then magenta and chartreuse filled up his vision as Seraphina practically dove over him, smothering him with her weight and leaving him utterly baffled.

He had heard other voices too, but couldn't make out who they belonged to.

Seraphina on the other hand was crying into the pillow beneath his head, clutching onto him as if he would disappear into thin air.

John couldn't do anything but stare above him at the lights burning his eyes, a lingering ache running through his limbs and leaving his head throbbing.

Eventually though, the girl pried herself away, her eyes red and bags adorning them in thick lines.

All John could do was stare at her in confusion as she sniffed and wiped her eyes. "John...you're ok...you-"

Her breath hitched and she had to take a minute to steady herself.

Before long, she helped him sit up as Doc made his way to his bedside, followed by the others much to his surprise.

Now, here they were; in a silent stare down as John tried to avoid their disappointed stares. There was a temptation to scratch at the bandages lining his arm but he stopped himself, knowing better than to piss the others off right now.

He couldn't bare to meet them, to see just how little they thought of him than they already did.

Luckily though, Doc was the first one to break the silence shrouding the room.

"John...how are you feeling?"

The ravenette gave a small shrug. He felt empty again like before but it wasn't as all consuming as it once was.

At most, he just was. Like when this all began.

Doc nodded, the tension in his shoulders seeming worse than usual. "Well luckily for you, the others found you in a timely manner. Had we been any later however, you would've ended up in the hospital or-..." He coughed into his hand, not willing to finish the rest of the sentence.

Again, there was barely any reaction on John's part.

But the silence coming from him only p*ssed Blyke off even more as he listened to Darren fill John in on what happened and how he would have to stay at the infirmary for observation over the weekend.