Do What Makes You Happy

A/N: Here is the 500 read special! Thank you all so much for 500 reads on 'Fractured-UnOrdinary.' I didn't expect to pick up this much attention in such a short amount of time, but, thank you all so much!

This is just a fun little one shot story of how Seraphina got her signature look. I hope you all enjoy!

-KittCat.

Weekends were a blessing for Seraphina now. She realized just how much fun she could have when she wasn't buried in textbooks 24/7.

Now that she had John in her life, she found herself spending more and more time with him.

Eventually, he invited her over to hang out at his place as they both wanted to try out a new game called 'Clash of Pigs' that John had recently bought.

It was Seraphina's first time hanging out in John's apartment and already, she felt at home. 

The quiet yet comfortable apartment was cozy and open, much different from her dorm. She actually liked it better than her own dorm and she couldn't wait until she was a senior when she would finally be able to have her own place.

John was getting a snack for them when Sera went to use the bathroom. As she finished up and washed her hands, she couldn't help but stare at her reflection. 

Lately, she hadn't really been feeling like herself. Every time she would look at her reflection, she always felt like someone different was staring back at her.

She pulled down her hair from its natural tight pony tail but still felt no different. The girl huffed before walking back out to the living room, sitting down on the couch.

The ravenette eventually came back, sitting next to her as he grabbed the controllers. "You ready to play?" Seraphina nodded as she took the controller. After logging in and selecting their avatars, they began to play the game.

So far, it was pretty fun. They were currently at cut screen for a check point when Seraphina saw a character on screen. She had bright blue hair that was in a pixie cut but she had a few curly extensions along one of her shoulders. It looked different compared to everything else she's seen before.

But for some reason, she really liked it. 

That's when she had the brilliant idea.

'Of course! Why haven't I thought of this sooner?' The girl looked to John. "Hey John? Can I ask you something?" The teen nodded before pausing the game. "Sure."

"Well...how would you like to help me choose a new haircut?"

John raised an eyebrow but smiled. "What do you have in mind?" 

Sera smirked slightly before looking back at the screen.

.

.

.

John placed down the bag of things he and Sera had gotten. They had stopped by a few shops to get some hair scissors, magenta hair extensions and a box of chartreuse hair dye.

The teen didn't know how this was going to go, but he was also curious to find out.

Seraphina pulled a chair out into the kitchen since the floor was tile and could be easily swept. She then got a towel and a hair clip to help hold it in place. 

Once everything was set, John turned and looked at his friend. "Alright, are you sure you want me to do this? I have never cut anyone's hair before so this could get really ugly." Seraphina sat down in the chair and secured the towel around her neck. "Oh please John. Nothing could be worse than the diagonal bob I gave myself when I was 5. Besides, I'm getting rid of all of it so even if it's a little uneven it's not the end of the world."