𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, anger

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄𝟐𝟓:𝟐𝟎 - 𝟑𝟒:𝟑𝟎 𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 2 » 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙧

𝟐𝟓:𝟐𝟎 - 𝟑𝟒:𝟑𝟎
𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 2 » 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙧

We all watch as a woman cries over a man, a dead man. JJ's stood on a box and is holding onto the beam above him with one hand, his bicep muscles flexing as he adjusts his grip. John B's sat on a table next to Peeler, kicking his legs anxiously. Pope's leaning on the other side of the girl while Kie and I are sat on a box below JJ, our legs pushed together due to the tiny seat.

"Who's that?"John asks, nodding his head towards the ambulance.

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm." Peeler explains. "Check out this pic I got. Dead bodyyy." She showed us her phone screen, highlighting a gruesome image of the man, his body cut up and bruised.

"What kind of boat did he have?" JJ questions, his head tilted.

"Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady White. Everyone's looking for it." She shrugs, shaking her head.

My back straightens and I feel Kie shift uncomfortably beside me. We all look at each other, thinking the same thing. We found his boat. We found a dead mans boat.

~~

I hand them all beers as I walk out from the kitchen onto the porch. John B's juggling an empty bottle, which he quickly places down after realising I have a full one. JJ's messing with a lighter in the armchair and Kie's laid out on the sofa.

I lift up her legs carefully so I can sit down and then place them back on my lap, sending her a quick smile. JJ just stares at me, not blinking or moving just staring, his tongue licking his lips. I tilt my head at him in confusion but he doesn't move a muscle until Pope runs up, breaking his trance.

"Okay. So um... we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia!" He explains and sits on the arm of the chair next to me.

"Actually, Pope's right for once." JJ stands up, shoving his lighter into his shorts pocket, "See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny. Deny. Deny."

"Guys we can't keep that money." Kie moves her legs and sits properly, running. a hand through her hair.

"Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ retorts and I try my best not to laugh, my hand sliding over my mouth as I cough awkwardly, receiving a hard glare from the girl.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs." She continues.

"Otherwise that's bad karma." I agree, nodding enthusiastically.