𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆, their beach

𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨: 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 » 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘤𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨: 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 » 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘤𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

THIRD PERSON POV:

Ava refused to let JJ go home so soon, she wanted to spend some alone time with him. Lately, they hadn't been able to hang out, just the both of them, like when they were younger. The treasure hunt had consumed their lives completely, so she took this moment and used it to it's full advantage.

JJ had the bag of money kept under his arm, one of his hands occupied by Ava's and the other tucked comfortably in his pocket. They trudged down to the empty beach, the only noise being the gentle waves. The girl smiles brightly as the memories flood back into her mind. Their late night smokes and surfs, getting blasted on beer or liquor and later taking the piss out of Rafe and John B. It all happened on this beach, their beach.

Though they weren't confirmed, the teenagers might as well be a couple but Ava refused to conjure up enough courage to ask JJ about a proper 'relationship'. He had made it cleared, several times, that he wanted her to be his, but she had trust issues, like every other girl who's ever been involved with JJ Maybank.

"You okay?" The boy snaps her out of the busy thoughts as he tugs on her hand, pulling her down to the sandy floor.

She hums, crossing her legs comfortably, "Yeah. I just love it here."

He nods and pulls her closer to his frame, his arm wrapped gently around her waist, "Oh. The memories of this beach," He chuckles, "The amount of people we pissed off during those times."

"Most hated teenagers in Outer Banks, no competition." She smiles, placing her head down on his shoulder, staring out at the blue waves, "You got any weed?"

JJ snorts, unhooking his arm away from her and digging his hand into the bag of money, pulling out his thin box of blunts, the lighter rattling as he moves it, "What kind of question is that? Of course I have fucking weed." He rolls his eyes, clicking the lid open, revealing about ten rolled blunts.

She politely takes one, holding it between her two fingers, waiting patiently for him to light it and she watches as he does so, sending him a thanking nod before taking a relieving hit, "Where would we be without weed, hey?"

"Dead, most likely." He shrugs, glancing over at her while she glares at him for his harsh words, "A, you know it's true. This," He taps the blunt between his lips and speaks in a mumble, "This, right here saves us. It might not do that for the others, but we aren't like them."