𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, relief

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐄𝟑𝟗:𝟒𝟎-𝟒𝟐:𝟒𝟎𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙙𝙞𝙤𝙩 »𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙙𝙖𝙮

𝟑𝟗:𝟒𝟎-𝟒𝟐:𝟒𝟎
𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙙𝙞𝙤𝙩 »𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙙𝙖𝙮

JJ holds the Doctor's door open for me, allowing me to squeeze past him and into the dreaded room. After several annoying weeks, I'm finally getting my cast off. She's sat behind her desk, typing angrily on the computer while also scribbling onto a note pad beside her.

"Ava Booker-Routledge?" Her head snaps to me, taking me slightly beside surprise.

"Yeah, that's me." I hum, taking a seat opposite her.

"Okay, well, hello, Ava. . . and?" She raises an eyebrow at the tall boy beside me.

"JJ." He nods, sliding down into the chair beside me, fiddling with the rings on his fingers.

"I'm guessing you're here to get your pot taking off," She mumbles, her eyes still trained on the computer screen.

"Mhm."

She glances at me through the side of her eye, "Have you felt any pain recently?"

I shake my head, "No. None at all."

She hums while rising for her seat, leaving it to spin, "That's good. Just go sit in there while I go get the equipment ready." She points at a door at the side of her office and we trudge through it. I look around the room for some seats only to find one and just a hospital bed.

"You'll have to sit on there," JJ nods his head to the bed, a slow smirk rising, "Or you could sit on my lap."

I roll my eyes, "You wish."

He nods aggressively like a child, "Yes, yes I do."

The doctor walks in before I can retort, quickly distracting me with the multiple things she's laying out on the table beside the bed.

"Last time you were here, we found out that you smoke. Is that correct?" She tilts her head at me, rolling her sleeves up. She suddenly just got way more intimidating.

I bite my lip, "Yeah."

She hands me a box of stickers and I flick through them, my eyebrows furrowed. Stickers? Is she congratulating me for being a smoker?

"Ava, I'm pretty sure they're nicotine patches," JJ chuckles, noticing my confused face and he raises his hands to cover his lips so he doesn't laugh anymore.

The Doctor laughs, realising I wasn't following, "Yeah. They're nicotine patches. They'll help you stop smoking. Just take the whole box."

Just to be polite, I set the box down beside me, giving her a grateful look before glaring at JJ in annoyance. He smiles, gently shaking his head while looking down at his lap.