𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, tickle the wire

FIFTY-THREE

Tickle The Wire

 ❝ Tickle The Wire ❞

*ೃ༄

AVA STARES OUT OF THE CAR WINDOW while Pope and Kiara scream in annoyance at JJ because he brought the gun. She rests her head in her palm, her elbow placed on the door handle while she watches the waves flow beneath the bridge.

To say that the new information about her twin brother and his girlfriend were actually very much alive was surprising, would be a major understatement. The denial stage of her grief could finally come to an end and she can enjoy things knowing they're in the Bahamas alive. But, she can't help but feel guilty. She should've tried harder to find them, or not given up so easily because maybe if she didn't then John B's name would be cleared by now and he'd be home, annoying her in real life instead over text.

Kiara glances through the rear view mirror at Ava and her hands tighten around the steering wheel slightly noticing a small tear spring into the girl's eyes. Even though she's quick to wipe it away before it falls, Kie notices and bites her lip anxiously.

"You okay back there, A?" She asks.

Ava's head snaps up and she nods enthusiastically at the girl in the driver's seat, "Perfect."

JJ watches his girlfriend with narrowed eyes and he slips his hand across to her thigh, squeezing it gently while sending her a soft smile. She attempts to return it, but a her lips just wobble and she turns away once more.

He faces the front again, his grip on her thigh neve loosening, "Guys, we gotta keep this simple, or we'll never get John B off."

"Or we just tickle the wire," Pope smirks, holding up his AirPods.

Kiara's brows furrow, "What?"

"Tickle the wire," He nods, "I plant my phone in his car, and then we listen in on the AirPods," He holds his phone up to Kie's lips, "Say something."

She screws her face up in confusion, "Something."

A second later, and he hums happily, lowering his phone, "Okay, we have audio," The car rolls to a stop outside of the pilot's house, and Pope begins to unhook his seatbelt while saying, "Alright, honk, or, uh . . . or yell or something if you see anything suspicious."

She nods, turning to him, "Don't do anything dangerous."

"Come on," He opens the door, slipping out, "I'm not them," He motions to the two sat in the back before disappearing towards the house.