𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆, impact

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝟕:𝟎𝟎 - 𝟏𝟎:𝟑𝟑𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨: 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦𝘴 » 𝘷𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘣𝘢𝘳

𝟕:𝟎𝟎 - 𝟏𝟎:𝟑𝟑
𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨: 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦𝘴 » 𝘷𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘣𝘢𝘳

The Booker-Routledge twins finally reach the outskirts of main town, their tired feet dragging underneath them sluggishly. The pistol still hangs in Ava's bloodied hand, her knuckles red and bruised from beating up the Cameron boy.

The outside of Heyward's is empty, as seen as the small shop shut two hours ago, so the blonde girl sees no reason to hide the weapon from sight — and, quiet frankly, she can't muster up enough momentum to do so.

Seeing Sheriff Peterkin's still, dying body sent her mind the wrong way. She couldn't shake the image of the blood trickling into the small cracks in the gravel, and the quiet gargles escaping the cop's lips while she begged for the siblings to escape. No matter how much Ava hated the justice system, the Sheriff always made it her top priority to care for the twins after their father's death, which is something that didn't go unnoticed by Ava and her brother.

The sharp scratches on Ava's legs and back sting more each step she takes, but her faces stays emotionless while tears fall silently down her pink cheeks. Beside her, John B's hands are coated with Peterkin's blood and he stares down at his palms while they walk.

"He's gonna blame us, you know?" Ava sniffs quietly, her free fingers tapping furiously on her leg, "Ward, I mean."

Her brother nods, biting his lip anxiously but remains silent, not being able to conjure enough words to comfort his sister on the situation. She was right.

They round the corner to the sheds, their eyes immediately landing on the bickering Pogues. Ava stops still in her spot, the hand holding the gun starting to shake more, causing the barrel to smack against her bare leg. John B continues forward, swallowing thickly as the rest of the group turn to face them.

JJ's eyes fly right to the sibling closest, noticing his blood stained hands and praying it doesn't belong to Ava. He notices the stunned girl a few feet behind, her hands trembling by her side and her emotionless eyes focussed on the floor. He rushes straight to her, pulling her into a hug immediately; burying his head into her hair and squeezing her gently.

"Thank fuck you're okay," He breaths, pulling away, noticing her emotionless face, causing his eyebrows to furrow, "Are you okay?" His eyes scan over her body, noticing the rough cuts and scrapes on her legs and he feels the ones on her back, making her wince slightly, "I'm so sorry, A. I should've stayed. Fuck," He mumbles to himself, "I should've stayed with you," He drags her close again, her cheek pressed comfortably against his chest so she can hear his heartbeat, calming her immediately.