𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆, coping mechanisms

FIFTY-ONE

Coping Mechanisms

 ❝ Coping Mechanisms ❞

*ೃ༄

THE POGUES HAVE FALLEN APART.

Pope spends most of his time with his family, or doing various jobs around the island to pay for the fact that he fucked up his scholarship.

Kiara doesn't really do much. Her parents have her on a tight leash, and on the rare occasion when she is allowed to leave, she goes surfing alone.

Then there's JJ and Ava. They've managed to stick together, though not without a million arguments and hundreds of moments where one or the other has stormed out and not returned for days. The blonde boy managed to find himself a job at the Country Club, and Ava acquired a small job at the surfing shack down near the beach where she cleans boards.

Battling with the police hadn't been easy for her, and eventually she got told she couldn't stay in the Chateau by herself. The foster carer, Cheryl, had visited her several times. Sometimes JJ would join, wanting to see if he could do anything to prevent Ava being moved to the main land forever. Cheryl even had a small interview with a very drunk Luke Maybank just before he went into prison. Much to JJ's distaste, everyone agreed that Ava would be allowed to stay in the Maybank household for a few months until Cheryl found her a suitable family elsewhere. JJ had argued with his father for a while, warning him not to doing anything to Ava, or attempt to.

But, after only two weeks, Luke Maybank got taken to jail. Neither of the teenagers bothered to inform Cheryl, and agreed to let her find out on her own terms.

So, that left JJ and Ava alone in the house. The past few months consisted of several things; a shit ton of sex and drugs, and an awful lot of crying. Some tears were pleasureful, but the majority were sad and broken.

JJ has been looking after Ava the best he can. Comforting has never been his strong point, and he's incredibly lucky that she understands that and doesn't expect him to always be there for her. Just like she lost her twin brother, he lost his life long best friend. JJ Maybank has a habit of shutting people out and getting overly angry when he's having a bad day, and Ava is the only one who's able to calm him down because she knows he's not angry at her, but just at life in general.

The four Pogues had only seen each other a couple of times, and that was if one of them did something bad and the others had to help clean it up. The ones doing the bad things were usually JJ and Ava, who had spent time on their beach getting so stoned that they struggled to walk. Any who passed always knew who to call; Kiara and Pope.

Much to Ava's disgust, Rafe Cameron was still wondering the streets of Tanny Hill with a smirk playing on his lips. While at the surging shack, she'd seen him walking and laughing with Kelce. Their eyes would always meet, and she'd make sure to send him the most disgusted look ever and he usually returned it by sending her a small teasing wave.