𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒘𝒐, funeral

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝟎𝟎:𝟎𝟎 - 𝟐𝟐:𝟓𝟕𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨: 𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘴 » 𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴

𝟎𝟎:𝟎𝟎 - 𝟐𝟐:𝟓𝟕
𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨: 𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘴 » 𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴

AVA'S POV:

My eyes peel open as I feel JJ stand up, yawning and rolling his arms back in a stretch. I watch as he lazily throws on a white tank top that he'd previously left in my room, along with it he picks up his red hat, inspecting it before turning to face me again, eyebrows raised, "Can I have this back yet?"

I purse my lips and shuffle to the side of the bed, taking it from his grasp and gently placing it atop my shaking head, "No. I like it."

"Yeah, well, so do I." He rolls his eyes, ruffling his hair before stepping out of the room, letting another yawn escape his lips.

I follow after him, nodding in thanks as he passes me a cold beer from the fridge. I pause for a moment and my fingers wrap around his wrist, "You feeling better?"

"Yeah, mostly." He sighs, taking a swig of the alcohol, gently shaking my grip off of him before pushing through the back door onto the porch, politley holding it open for me, "Is that my shirt?" He smirks down at me, pointing at the fabric wrapped loosely around my body.

I bite my lip, remembering how last night I was freezing in bed and managed to lean over JJ and grab a random shirt off the mess covered floor, "Maybe." I roll my eyes, "I didn't take time to check the name tag before throwing it on."

"You look sexy in it," He chuckles, lazily wrapping his arms around my shoulders, pulling me tighter towards him while he snatches the hat off my head, replacing it with a soft kiss.

I glare up at him, watching as he places the red cap backwards on his head, small strands of his golden hair poking through the tiny hole and I laugh lightly as he smiles down at me.

"You two seem happier," Pope says as we approach them, their eyes lingering on our connected forms.

I nod happily, pushing away from the boy beside me before clambering into the hot tub, the still water surprisingly still slightly warm as I dunk my bare legs in, perching on the edge while taking lazy sips of the beer in my hand. JJ places himself beside me quietly, keeping his eyes on Pope and Kiara while they test out their new bucket winch for gold hunting purposes.

I run my fingers around the smooth rim of the bottle in my hand, my face falling slightly as I remember my brother. I have no clue of his whereabouts and the others last night had informed of his very early fishing trip with Ward, but I couldn't help feel worried, like something had happened to him. Knowing him, he's probably spoke too much and blabbed something Ward didn't want to hear, or he might actually be having a good time with the older man, but I highly doubt it; John B struggles to have a good time with anyone.