𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, to charleston

FIFTY-EIGHT

We aren't just some fucking things Kie found on the street one day.

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

AFTER AVA FINALLY got home and was able to have one of the nicest showers ever, it didn't take long for her to fall asleep on JJ's bare chest in his room. And only a few moments after hearing her light snores while her hand rested on his abs, he too ended up drifting to sleep.

The next morning, which sadly ending up being a school day, Ava had to escape JJ's tight grip on her to get herself a drink before she eventually had to return and drag him from bed too so they could meet Kiara and Pope at the front of the shack to be taken to school. JJ had groaned and grunted the whole time, his hair messy and in front of his face while he took every opportunity to keep his hands on Ava and to drift back to sleep. He claimed the only way he would get out of bed was if she kissed him, and ignoring his morning breath, she did as he wished and it quickly turned into a full-blown make out session. Which is when Pope barged in and interrupted before gagging and telling them to hurry the fuck up.

Now that they're all at school and in Mr Sunn's History lesson, the class are doing a test. JJ's hands are running through his hair in frustration, while Ava's just doodling on the margins of the sheet due to boredom while Kiara and Pope have their heads down and are scribbling paragraphs upon paragraphs on the paper.

"Mr Sunn, can I borrow Pope for a minute?" A man dressed in a neat black suit steps through the door, one foot holding it open behind him.

"We're in the middle of a test right now," Mr Sunn's whispers, standing from behind his desk to have a conversation with the unknown man without the kids listening in.

Ava's brows furrow and she leans back in her seat slightly to see Pope, who's now staring at Mr Sunn's back in confusion.

"Mr Heyward," Mr Sunn turns, "It's for you."

Pope is quick to slip from his seat and rush out of the classroom, following the well-dressed man, leaving his three friends in complete confusion.

Ava peers over her shoulder at JJ, who's staring right back at her with his forehead crinkled.

"What do you think it's about?" She begins to whisper as quiet as her voice can possibly go.

JJ shrugs, leaning forward slightly so there faces are a few centimetres apart and his eyes drift out of the door in search for Pope, "I don't know. Maybe his sch—"

"Routledge and Maybank!" Mr Sunn's voice booms harshly across the classroom, causing Ava to spin around in her seat as a small shout escapes her mouth in shock and her eyes are wide and JJ snorts quietly, "Be quiet! And do your test!"