𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, revenge

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝟑𝟓:𝟎𝟎 - 𝟑𝟗:𝟒𝟎𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙘𝙤𝙥𝙮𝙘𝙖𝙩 »𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙚 𝙚𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝

𝟑𝟓:𝟎𝟎 - 𝟑𝟗:𝟒𝟎
𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙘𝙤𝙥𝙮𝙘𝙖𝙩 »𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙚 𝙚𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝

"Are you sure you're okay, Pope?" I ask, the genuine worry laced in my words as I move to stand beside him, looking over at the bruises and cuts on his face.

He looks away, pulling a hat onto his head, "Yes, Ava. I've told you already. I'm okay."

"Don't lie," I huff, "He beat you up. You're definitely not okay. I can go talk to him if you want. He might actually listen if it's just use too alone, maybe—"

"No," His head snaps to me, "No. Don't. It'll only make this whole thing worse."

"Pope, ple—" I begin but a certain voice cuts me short and I suck in a deep breath.

"AVA! POPE!" JJ shout, making us both watch him run along the dock towards the boat, his arms waving in the air happily, "You're not going to believe what just happened to me, man!" JJ laughs, starting to sprint so he reaches us quicker, "Whoo! That was the best 100 bucks I've ever made!"

"Don't tell him unless he sees," Pope hisses quietly.

I tilt my head, "Pope, we can't not tell him. That'll make him more mad when he does find out." He opens his mouth to say something back but JJ steps on board, stopping him.

"When I say count me in on all these grocery deliveries, I mean it." JJ smirks as Pope starts the boat and the blonde makes his way over to beside Pope, sitting in the seat while I lean on the wall behind him.

"What's up with you?" He eyes Pope suspiciously, "Bro, you good?" JJ glances back at me, furrowing his eyebrows, "What happened?"

I stay silent but motion at my face before pointing at Pope. JJ leans forward in the seat, getting a better look at the boys face. Seeing the cuts, his eyes grow wide and he shoots up, "Yo, what happened to your face, dude?" JJ lifts up Pope's hat, revealing the blood on his forehead, "Jesus! What happened?"

Pope stays silent, just looking at where he's directing the boat. JJ turns to me, walking over and stopping a few feet in front, "Ava, what the fuck happened?"

I bite my lip, looking past his shoulder at Pope who's still not moved. I hesitate for a moment before meeting JJ's gaze again, "Rafe and Topper jumped us. . . well, they jumped Pope." I explain, tapping my fingers against my leg.