𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, groceries

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄30:10- 35:00𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙙𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡 𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙣 »𝙘𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙣

30:10- 35:00
𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙙𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡 𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙣 »𝙘𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙣

On the dock, JJ, Pope and I are watching the drone monitor carefully while John B and Kie pull faces in the camera, checking if it's working correctly and their friends are receiving the correct image.

JJ eyebrows shoot up as he reaches forward to touch a button the computer, "What's thi—l

Pope smacks his hands away harshly, "Don't touch that. I'm trying to work out how to use this thing."

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man." JJ sighs, ruffling his hair, "What would we do without you to control the drones?"

"It's not a drone. It's an ROV." Pope mutters, his mind mainly focussed on the most important task at hand.

"Shut up. Just shut up." JJ snaps, waving his hand at his argumentative friend, "It's too early for that right now."

"Did you not just say we needed him?" I cock an eyebrow at the blonde, smirking when he turns to face me a straight face.

"Don't you start too." JJ swallows, "And
yeah, we need him, but I didn't need him to correct me."

"Hey, look," John B says from the surface of the water, "once we get the footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim."

"That's suck bullshit." JJ grumbles, resting on the beam, "Why do we have to do that?"

"Well, there is a maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a shit ton of stuff up," I explain, standing beside him with my arms crossed over my chest.

"I know, I know. It's just lawyers aren't exactly the cheapest," He shrugs.

"As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp," John says, running a hand over his soaked hair as water droplets fall onto his face.

Kie raises an eyebrow at the boy in confusion, "How do you know all that?"

"Cause my dad said it like, a million times." He answers.

"The tether is like really long. In the wrong weather, it could get pushed around," Pope explains while I offer my hand to Kiara, helping her up onto the deck.

"Then we'll go at dead calm," John B purses his lips, nodding.

"So now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather," Pope squints his eyes, looking at the dark gloomy horizon.