fourteen

I wake up to the sound of metal clanking and clattering inside my ear canals.

Although rough to a first start, I can't help but give in to a sweet aroma that fills my entire room. I throw my bed sheets, wash up, swap my PJ's and with the full speed force run downstairs.

"Well Good morning to you-" I open my eyes and flinch as I see Damian cooking instead of Axel

"Umm what are you doing?"

"Cooking for Madam." My eyes trail down as he gestures to the heart shaped cookies and flexes his muscles.

Oh..dang ..I guess he really is well built..but doesn't seem like it. What an eye candy....
I quickly wave the idea ahead and blow air out through my nose.

"Quit with the flexing and courtesy. It doesn't suit you" I grab a cookie attracted by its cheerful colors but immediately pull my hand back when he slaps it.

"Ouch!"

"Um. No? " He says as if his sassiness and hands on hips wasn't enough.

"Not for me?"

I stop him short before he could answer.

"Anyways, do you mind coming with me to see Granny? I promised to go first thing in the morning." I grumble at the fact I have to clean the mess he made with the cookie batter.

" Well hold on I'm not done making these for her." He rushes frosting through the last few heart cookies as if about to ship them off to an art museum.

My mouth turns into an O after I realized who the owner of the cookies was.

"Ohh...I'm sure she'll throw these away they look fugly" I laugh and snatch two before Damian catches me and starts chasing me around.

"You Cookie Monster!"

"Mmm these are surprisingly good.

I laugh as he keeps behind me trying to snatch the cookie.

"Giselle you evil little thing..." His voice fades away as his eyes grow wide with realization written on his face. I reflect just as I open my mouth to speak  then realize... we both actually realize... he has me pinned against the wall.

I push him away and turn hiding my tomato face.

"D-damian!"

He laughs throwing a wet towel at me.

"Girl clean your messy face, you have crumbs all over"

I gulp flinching at the hard pieces sliding through my throat.

I clear my throat trying to make the awkwardness in me and in my throat go away.

"Hey " Damian hands me a water seeing I'm struggling to talk.

"W-what."

"Do you feel incredibly drained when you're around people?"

I cock my head to the side not sure what he is getting at.

He sighs and sets the rags aside.

"Yesterday I noticed how your mood changed quickly when you were around those patients at the hospital."

I look at him blankly, unsure if it's because I think he is crazy or because that's exactly what happened and I'm crazy.

"Well, you do know girls have mood changes often especially if we are on our days. I don't know about any other reason-"

"Other than that, I've noticed something....as if you absorb the energy around living organisms or humans."

"Don't we all sometimes?" I voice the uneasiness in me as if it helps the crazy fear I'm feeling at the moment.