fifteen

" Hurry hurry!" My feet dance anxiously while my hands play the window up and down, watching as every pedestrian and cars quickly move behind us. They disappear into thin air as Axel's car moves. Granny was supposed to wait for me after breakfast but thanks to those two arguing, it's almost close to lunch time

"Speed it Axel you drive like a turtle."

I groan, Axel laughs, stepping on the pedal a tiny bit.

Damian chuckles. "Calm down Hulk. I'm sure Granny is keeping herself busy knowing how her not-so patient granddaughter is forgetful." He then scoots closer to my side of the seat and whispers.

"At this rate we will both end up hospitalized." He signals at the driver.

"Funny for you to say. You don't even have a driver's license" Axel pushes Damian's whole face one-handedly back to his seat.

I slap my knee and laugh until I realize Axel was also referring his comment to me .

"That includes you too Giselle."

We argue endlessly all three of us throughout the ride up until we reach the hospital.

I yell excitedly behind me so they'd hopefully use their long legs wisely and speed it, adrenaline rushing every step closer to Granny's room...until ....I pause confused at the scene in front of me.

"What's going...." I look at all the nurses and doctors running somewhere only to then realize they were going inside Granny's room.
I start racing to the door but abruptly stop. Doctors on top of my Granny, nurses pumping the air balloon.??

"Granny??" ....is unresponsive.

I shriek and immediately throw my bag to the floor.

"Why is she like that! What happened?" I run from one end to another from the multitude of medical staff, trying to squeeze in to let my voice be heard. M-maybe granny will wake up to my voice. ! Yes ... Yes! That's it!

Without second thought I push through the doctors to have a better look...do they even know what's going?

"Granny please wake up" I shake her arms but no response.

I look around desperately, feeling tense at the back of my head by the minute ,whoever is in charge is not doing their job! I push whoever was beside me only to fail.  One of the nurses pulls me away as doctors and the rest perform CPR to then resorting to giving shocks.

"This isn't working!" I cry on the top of my lungs explaining that clearly shocks aren't working, and they need to try harder. Maybe if I yell harder it'll be enough to bring her back!

"Granny OPEN YOUR EYES"

My throat burns, all together my lungs gasp for air, and all I do is wail in agony, my heart can't stop pumping faster and I don't know what to do, to feel her warm hands once again...the only warm hands I feel are Axel's holding me back.

I begged "please" several times to whoever is up there to bring her back. I can't help but cry, I can give them my tears, I can give up anything even my soul to bring Granny back but why is noon listening? Why is no one bringing her back?

I hold her hands and cry uncontrollably , her stiff and cold hands won't grab mine.

The heart machine keeps beeping faster and faster as if taunting me that I could do better.

Suddenly the line on the monitor goes flat and a dull eerie sound pulls me to the floor, my body feels weighed like a heavy magnet glued to the cold tiles.

The doctor announces her name " ...has passed away at exactly 12:44 a.m. on August 14..."

No ..this is...unreal.
I go silent, my mind goes silent, all noise and air is blocked around me but tears keep flowing silently even though....I feel empty.