sixteen

A soft voice nudges at my heart. Melodical vocals sweet like honey navigating here and there until it tickles the back of my brain. Searching. Searching for core memories.
Until the light bulb clicks.

My eyes open to find a handsome green-eyed boy smiling at me, his eyes send electrocuting shocks to my entire being.

"You're Axel ...?"

I yawn stretching, feeling like a newly awaken person from a coma but flinch when the Axel guy helps me sit.

"That's correct." He ruffles my hair, instinctively I lean my head softly like a kitten yearning for his affection.

He stops confused at the display of affection until another guy comes in.

I sigh unknowingly but blurt out.

"Oh...the annoying one."

Laughters burst in unison and just like that, memories sprung back to life. Seconds later a bright red wall of shame slaps me in the face, making me shriek pretty loudly with wide eyes causing them to flinch. 

"W-what are you guys doing here?"

I snatch the blanket from Axel's hand and cover my entire body afraid they might've seen a chunk of skin.

Axel stars to speak but I quickly stop him

" TURN AROUND GOODNESS."

Both drop their things and quickly head out to the door shutting it finally leaving some privacy and time for me to breathe.

I sigh my heart still racing from embarrassment and double check at what exactly I had on.

"Well...at least I was in shirt and pants" I grimace at the mirror noticing a girl with terrible looks and taste in clothes.

I quickly rummage my closet for a more "decent" approach and quickly greet them. 

"Sorry guys I forgot you two were...well...guys." I shut my door and follow them downstairs.

"Ouch " Damian dramatically places his hand on his chest.

Once we all settle in the kitchen, they look at me.

"Are you feeling...better?"

I pause for a second and then nod. I fiddle with my teacup gathering my thoughts.

"How...long was I gone for?"

Axel's jaw tightens as he speaks, his eyes were a pull of worries.

"You were gone for almost a week.

I peek at Damian, and he forces a smile... weakly as if drained.

"We had to keep you awake...you ...well you weren't being you after the funeral and all."

"You did not recognize friends, coworkers and neither of us." Damian solemnly said.

"Do you not remember anything?" Axel's eyes screamed in pain as he met mine.
Oh man. My heart shrinks knowing I put so many people in pain. Especially Axel.

I shake my head.

"I just remember feeling this awful migraine and horrible ringing in my ears. I..."
I pause...pushing the tears back before continuing.

" I saw granny."

They both sat straight up at that thought.

I caress the tiny pearl necklace, bringing to my memories a younger version of Granny gifting a young Giselle the necklace as a birthday gift.