nine

Shivers shoot up my spine as I tap the water lightly with my toes checking to see if the temperature was just right, and spread a lavender scented bath bomb.

"Mmm" My nose fills with the sweet lavender aroma sweeping my mind off the chaotic troublesome mist.

I then sink into the bathtub full of bubbles.

Ahh this feels good.

These past few days have been .... if I may say... life changing in every aspect.

"I need a break." I sigh and close my eyes. I massage my neck muscles to relieve the stress and tension from days ago. Damian pops up in my head reminding me to restore all that energy I lost back at the forest house.

Wait. To begin with.... was I always inwardly weak? To think that I had this immense powerful strength like no other human in this earth yet my inward defenses play so weak...

I scoff at the thought, replaying childhood scenes when Axel would always feed me gummy vitamins to keep me healthy.

Axel had always been charismatic but short and closed minded towards me. I open my eyes and pause, my mind replaying yesterday's scenes over and over again.

I tilt my head not knowing if maybe I said too much.

Perhaps I hurt him?

I shake my head and pat my cheeks.

Giselle what are you thinking. He is a taken man.

I get that but why would he do all that nonsense?

No really, why would he do that?

Maybe I had something on my face?

I shake my head , once again trying to free myself from that constant loop relieving myself of negative depressive thoughts.

On a good note, Damian and Axel seem to get along pretty fine. Which benefits and relieves Granny's business.
Also, now more than ever customers keep coming for Axel...and Damian. Especially female customers. They are like the stars of town from what I hear.

"Do they have anything better to do besides wandering here?"

I swirl my feet inside the water watching bubbles pop, just like ideas popping inside my mind waiting to be chosen for a solution.

'Eclux'

Damian's words spin around my mind.
I try to convince myself to not think much, but something tells me otherwise. Mostly because... well.....no one knows about my parent's whereabouts.

I think back to the times I would ask grandma where my parents were at.
She would hold me tight and caress my hair as she repeated the same response each time I asked her.

"Gisi, in this world there are things I don't even understand such as why anyone would leave a crying defenseless baby at my door. I was still young back then but never had any children. My husband passed away years after marriage. As a kid, I helped momma take care of my stepsisters and brother. But thats all the knowledge I had." She tucks my hairs behind my ear and smiles.

"Although, I had no clue who that tiny baby was, or had little knowledge on parenting, I decided to take care of you happily for the rest of my life. You were like a little bubble of happiness to me. And you still are. It sounds cruel and maybe you still have doubts of who you are..but the day you were abandoned I found a bright light that could shine my home forever and I knew I was going to give you a comforting home forever."