nineteen

I sigh, fanning one handedly my flushed tomato face and peek at Damian, who looks as if an itch is bothering him and trying to come out, but only momentarily until I glare at him to speak his mind.

"I could've handled this alone. I'd rather you follow your crush than to lose focus on this mission because you're busy thinking of him." Damian presses his lips together, backing completely out noticing my sharp laser beams at him.

"What's it to you if he is my crush or not?" I press my finger hard against his chest, head boiling above the limit, pushing baby hairs back, putting up a front for him to see I was not in the mood.

"Look, I have 1 day left until I go back to my crummy job, I have had the bakery shop closed for I don't know how long, the bills can't pay themselves but I'm pushing all that aside because this is a huge matter involving me and Granny. And If I may say people in this Earth are facing danger. So can we please just focus?" I push past him, nerves building up deep in my stomach avoiding eye contact I mean I hate to admit maybe he is right, and he could probably sense it, but I really mean it when I said I want to get to the bottom of this. I can't let my stupid silly goofy ahh crush get in the way.

Damian seals his lips and throws his hands up ready to give up the discussion yet his eyes grin mischievously. 

"Yes ma'am."

I scoff, rolling my eyes at his puny act. The audacity.

"Now where do we go?"

"It's only a few minutes until sundown we must think of a way to invocate it." Damian bites his lips staring at distance.

To my surprise he switched to robot-focused mode. Arms crossed, fully flexed, rubbing his chin immersed into thought. As for me, thoughts wonder opposite direction as his.
My eyes trace down from his mesmerizing brown eyes which I hadn't notice until the Sun hit, to his stupid perfect sculpted jawline and then his lips. I ease up at the texture of his skin, soft and plump. His skin has this gorgeous olive-tone, that I almost reach out to him but quickly turn away blurting out what pops in my head.

"W-we should go our separate ways."

Damian turns around so quickly in shock.

"What? Did you not hear me say sundo-

"Yes yes I heard. But for that same reason we have to hurry and find this beast. And if we want to do that, we have to go each a different route. I'm sure our existence, vibe, whatever you call it, will get to him quicker." I turn to face him and flinch when I catch him staring hard at me. Even he doesn't believe the nonsense I just spewed.

Awkwardly I look away unsure if he is mad upset or confused or the reason behind his facial expression.

"What-"

"You are right. I just don't want you to be in trouble again when that thing shows up."

I gasp covering my mouth immediately afterwards, shocked at his empathy.

He looks at me confused but I grin and point to my phone.

"Remember these little useful things? You do remember how to use them right?" I ask Damian and seeing how he nods I start walking downstairs.

"Then I'll call you if I find it."

He quickly catches up behind me and taps on my shoulder still hesitant when he replies.

"Okay we'll do that. If you do find him, call me right away, I'll find my way there and we can take-" He stops short looking past me.

"What?" Confused I turn to look at his gaze only to find a murky black shadow hovering on the 2nd floor

I gasp and cover my mouth afraid I'll scream only awakening the monster. Flashbacks come to the back of my head, remembering its red eyes and the awful terrorizing sensation I felt when it froze me with his razor-sharp energy. I hold my breath as I feel the overwhelming feeling take over. Anxiety. Panic. Despair. Just the way my senses had disappeared that day. I back out unsure to run or stay put but Damian is quick to my defense, startling me when he suddenly grabs my hand and squeezes it. 

"Try to relax, okay?"

I look at him with an are-you-crazy look. I can barely move my knees and he expects me to not friek out?

"When I count to 3, we run and do not look back. I will make way to Elisora and the beast will enter with us so we have to ru-"

I shake my head my brain trying to process what he is saying while my knees are locked.

"-and he will follow into the trap.."

"D-damian-" 

"Giselle" He looks into me , encouraging me to take deep breaths.

"1".

I hold my breath not ready but determined to break my legs to get the hell out of there

"2"

I silently heave as I feel the cold cold breeze approaching my back and then as soon as Damian hits 3, we run out of the building.

Damian shouts to not look back but I keep myself busy with the horrible noise the beast makes while trying to keep up with Damians fast pace.
The wind pushing me back with every step we make.

Suddenly the blue orb rolls right in front of us keeping a distance, and by the second creating an oval shaped mirror-like blob in the air that quickly transforms to what seems an image of forest trees with lots of sunshine rays in between.

"Ready?" Damian shouts taking a peek behind him, pulling me to run faster than what my legs could hold.

"Set."

My brain filled with chaos and oxygen gasps for a break, my hands tightening the grip between mine and his hands.

"Go!"

And in a flash we enter another world.