Part 21

It's mission day. You're all setting up, suiting and going to the Quinjet. The plan is simple:

Team 1: Clint, Steve and you. You'll be the one in charge to get Bucky. You'll have to infiltrate the base, trying to be as quiet as possible.

Team 2: Natasha, Tony, Bruce and Wanda. They'll be the support team, clearing all the exits and the outside of the base. Bruce will wait in the Quinjet to prevent any injuries.

Before leaving the HQ, you go to the lab so Tony can inject you with the serum he made.

- Y/N: The serum is still ready ?

- T: Stop chatting and give me your arm so we can go *rolls his eyes

You didn't see Wanda coming in.

- W: What are you both doing exactly ?

- T: Don't worry Witchy, I'm not torturing her or anything *finishes to inject the serum

- Y/N: Yeah don't worry Maximoff *you turn around to look at her

It's just some prevention, you know, just in case *you stand up

You can see that she is worried. You don't want to tell her exactly what is it for but you know that you'll have to.

- Y/N: It'll be okay Wands, trust me..

- W: When did you plan to tell Nat ? Or me ?

- Y/N: Tell you about what ? I didn't want you two to worry about me.. You don't need that.

- T: Look Wanda, I made this serum to prevent Hydra to control her again. Oh, and I made it nearly 2 days after she came here, while she was in her cell

- Y/N: It means that I didn't hide anything from you *you smile gently

- T: Hum loverbirds, it's not the right time to deal with that, so just go to the Quinjet and try not to get hurt *He smiles and leads you to the Quinjet

You're all in the Quinjet. You're next to Natasha. You can feel her gaze on you but you don't mind it. You look at Wanda, trying to get her attention. You get an eye contact with her but she quickly breaks it. Natasha notices it.

- N: (whispering) What happened between you two ?

- Y/N: Nothing really important. *you look away

She's about to reply but Clint cuts her off.

- C: Steve, Y/N get your asses up, we're first to go.

He gets up and goes to the end of the jet. Steve's ready too. You join them. Tony opens the gate and you go out. You're 1 mile away from the base so you don't get caught while you're entering the base. The second team as to go a bit further, the jet being hard to hide. Steve gathers you and takes the lead. He takes out a map of the base.

- S: So we go this way, entering the base here *points the path on the map

- Y/N: Pierce is an ex S.H.I.E.L.D agent so he optimized the security system and improved his team. What I know is that he placed two guards in front of every doors. Three guards will be on the roof but the rota is in 15 minutes so we need to take advantage of this to get inside.

- C: The less secured area is at the south of the building so we'll get inside there, during the rota.

- S: Don't forget, minimum casualties needed !

- Y/N: Look Oldman, Pierce and his men won't care about casualties so we shouldn't take care of that neither

- C: I agree on that too Captain

He looks at both of you.

- S: We're not Hydra so minimum casualties *he looks at you

- Y/N: Okay ! But you don't need to look at me like that !

- C: C'mon it's not the time to argue ! We have 10 minutes left so let's go !

Through the coms.

- N: Guys stop fighting like children and go *bored voice

- Y/N: Yes mom !

- T: Try to be safe in there but if you need help..

- Y/N: It'll be okay ! Now, it's time to party !

You all go to the south of the building, getting ready, waiting for the rota. 

* The mission creates tensions but you know that Bucky is the priority. It doesn't mean that your worries are gone.. 

Part 22 will be split in two parts, each one focusing on each team.