Part 25

You're all in the Quinjet, heading back to the compound. Tony is still chasing Pierce so he'll get back later. You can feel Natasha's gaze on you but the only one you're looking at is Bucky, still unconscious and tied up strongly. All the team is looking at each other, not knowing how to start the conversation. Bruce took care of the other's wounds but it's now your turn so he slowly approaches you.

- B: Y/N..? Can I ? *he shows you the med kit he's holding

You stretch your arms out so he now has access to your wounds. You still don't say a word, not even looking at him. He kneels in front of you and try to talk to you again while he's cleaning dry blood that covers your arms.

- B: I know you're worried for him... *looking at Bucky

But don't worry, he'll recover and you'll be there to help him.. We will all be there for him, okay ..?

You're not answering. Everyone is looking at each other. Clint stands up and comes closer.

- C: Hey Kid.. *gently pats your shoulder

I don't know him, but from what you said, I'm sure he's as strong as you.. Which means that he'll go through everything like you did

You quickly look at both of them then put your head down again. As Bruce is now cleaning your face, Clint goes back to the front of the jet. Natasha is about to come to you when Jarvis interrupts everyone.

- J: Hello everyone. Mr Stark is calling.

- S: Put him on speaker Jarvis.

Jarvis put the speaker on.

- T: How's everyone ? Is the half robot-man with you ?

You lift your head up quite pissed off. Natasha stops him immediately.

- N: Not the time Tony. Come to the point please.

You lock eyes with her for a second but turn to Bucky again.

- T: Okay... So, bad news is that I lost Pierce. I tracked him down for fifty miles but I lost his track not far from New Jersey. I guess Captain is familiar with the area huh

Steve is about to answer but you cut him off.

- Y/N: He's far now. Forget about him and let's focus on James. He's the best chance we have to get to Pierce. *saying this without looking around you

Steve waits before answering as well.

- S: I agree with her. Bucky must know how to get to him. But for that, we need him completely healed. This is the most important now. *stands up as he finished his sentence

- T: Don't worry Cap, you'll get your friend back *says it sarcastically

Steve does not answer. The way Tony answers makes you angry. Wanda notices it. You're about to say something when she stops you using telepathy.

*- W: Hey.. don't pay attention to Tony.. He's always like that. Don't waist your energy...

You nod your head to agree. You don't look at her but you feel her relief gaze on you. You can even notice a slight smile on her face.

*-W: If you need anything.. come to me.. I won't push you away this time..

As you hear that, you can't control yourself and let a tiny smile appearing on your face. Natasha sees it without understanding so she looks at Wanda. Wanda nod her head trying to reassure her and Natasha does the same to thank her. Tony as hang up the call. The rest of the flight will be quiet again.

* How do you feel now that Bucky is finally by your side ? Team up with him again ? Will it last...?