Part 26

It's been a few hours since you all arrived at the compound. Bucky is tied up in the medbay, still unconscious, which gives time to Tony and Bruce to run some tests on him. Steve, Sam and Rhodey are trying to find any clues on Pierce, trying to find is hiding spot. Clint and Natasha are cleaning their equipment. Wanda is in the kitchen, making a sokovian meal for tonight.

You just stayed in your room, not able to do something else. You feel weak because of the fight, feeling pain everywhere. You finally decide to get up to get yourself something to drink. You reach the kitchen. The smell that comes out of it makes you nostalgic, you don't really know why. As you enter the room, you see Wanda cooking. She sees you too so she smiles. You stop in front of the counter.

- W: Well.. You know ou to leave your cave... *gentle look

- Y/N: Huh... I need water to survive so... *shrugging your shoulders

She slightly laugh at what you say.

- W: Don't forget the food ! You may ?

She hands you a spoon so you can taste what she's making.

- Y/N: Are you trying to poison me Maximoff ? *you raise an eyebrow

She laughs and waits for you to taste. You lock your eyes on her smile and you can't help think about how beautiful she is. You're also grateful that she can't read your mind right now cause you'd be so embarrassed You look at the spoon again.

- Y/N: Well, this could be a fun way to die though !

She laughs again. You look at her while you're going for a taste. You're trying to act like you're a professional taster so you take your time to give your answer. The situation amuses her. She can't stop smiling while you're performing.

- W: So ? You don't seem dead so it means it's good, right ?

- Y/N: Hum... Well.. I'd say it lacks of spice but it tastes pretty good ! Didn't know you were able to cook Maximoff. At least you didn't try to kill me, not yet *flirty look

- W: You didn't give me a reason to kill you yet so you can rest.. for now *smiles and ads some pepper flakes

- Y/N: Just looking at you is killing me actually...

You realize that you didn't want to say this out loud. She looks at you, surprised. She looks down trying to hide her smile.

- Y/N:... Hum.. didn't plan on saying this out loud.. *you notice that she blushes

Wands ?

She raises her head up.

- W: It's okay, don't worry *she takes the pepper flakes pot

See ? I listened to you and you were right, it's better now !

You can't help yourself so you smile seeing her embarrassed. You nod your head, trying not to laugh. You also can't help yourself embarrassing her a bit more.

- Y/N: You're blushing Maximoff but don't worry, it's kinda cute.

You go around the counter to get to the fridge. As you come closer, she tries to stay as calm as possible. You pass behind her, your arm grazing her back. She makes a slight move forward trying not to alert you on how she feels right now. You go back in front of the counter drinking some of the water. You look at each other. You smile at her. You're about to say something when Natasha and Clint enter the kitchen, quickly followed by Tony and Bruce. You both look at them, trying to hide your discomfort. Natasha goes to you.

- N: How are you feeling ..?

You answer by giving her a hug. She hugs you back cause this is what she waited for. You rest you head on her shoulder.

- Y/N: I'm better now sis *you let out a relieved breath

She can't restrain her smile as she hugs you tight. As the seconds remain, you feel everybody watching you so you break the hug. Clint and Bruce come to you too.

- C: Good to see you smile again Kid *smiling either

- B: How's the pain ?

- Y/N: If you have something to calm the pain, I'm in green bean *punch his shoulder

- B: I brought some on me, you know, just in case *mimics to take one because of your punch then hands you some pills

You laugh at it. You turn back to the counter to take your bottle. You slightly smile to Wanda before starting to head back to your room.

- Y/N: I'm going to take a shower. See you later guys *leaving the kitchen

You're about to leave but you can't help using telepathy with Wanda one more time.

*- Y/N: I meant what I said Maximoff, you're really killing me but I'll deal with it..

Wanda hears you so she looks at you but can't control the fact that she blushes. She crosses eyes with Tony so she quickly look down. Tony looks at both of you and just rolls his eyes. 

* I have to confess that this is my favourite part for now ! Couldn't help myself to change the kitchen scene from CACW and just making my own version of it ;)