Part 20:: Mother

I woke up to the sun light hitting my eyes... another day...

I go to see if Taehyung has come home yet, he hasn't come back home since that night at the dinner party... what could he be doing?

It's not like what happened was my fault.. I didn't do anything wrong..

I heard the front door open and slam shut. I run to see who it is and see Taehyung. He looked like he had a hangover.

"Were you out drinking last night?" I ask. "That's none of your business." He says as he walks over to the couch and plops on it.

"I just... where have you been?!" I say as I walk down to him. "Once again... that's none of your business." He says.

"I though... you promised me.. you promised me Taehyung!" I said. "Promised what?" He said as he looked away.

"He hit me Taehyung.. I had to go through that... and you weren't here for me after.." I said. "Why do I have to be here for you?" He said trying not to make eye contact

"Because you're my husband!" I say. He says nothing... "you know what... I don't think this was a good idea.. you don't even care if I were to drop dead right here!" I said as I turned to walk away.

He held onto my wrist and pulls me back to face him. "I'm sorry.." he says. "I was gone because I could face you, after I made my promise and then you still got hurt.... I blame myself." He said.

I felt bad now.. he blames himself for what happened? "You don't have to blame yourself... it wasn't your fault." I say

"It was my fault for not being there with you even though I knew he was there." He says. Then he plops back onto the couch.

I sit in his lap and hug him. "Don't feel like that... it wasn't your fault." I said softly as I kiss his cheek.

"I promised that it wouldn't happen..." he said. "No you promised that you wouldn't let it happen again... you weren't there so you didn't know that it was happening.." I said.

I pull back and look at him. He looks at my eyes then his gaze slowly goes down to my lips.

"Kiss me." He says softly. I slowly lean in and place a soft kiss on his lips. I pull back and feel something vibrate in my pocket.

     I pull out my phone and see that yoongi texted me. He said, "where are you? Thought you were gonna bring him to meet mom?" I jumped up off of his lap.

     "Crap! Are you ready to go like can you leave in that?" I ask. "Uhhhh yeah why?" He asks. "Because we have to go meet my mom." I say. "Wait what?!" He says as he jumps up.

     "Wait a second! Your mother?" He asks. "Yes, you know as in the woman who raised me and gave birth to me? The woman who's medical bills you're paying for." I say.

     "Soo? Are you going to get ready or just stand there?" I say. He kinda snapped away from his thoughts.

     "Do I have to go?" He says. "Yes! You're my husband now and you have to meet my mom." I say as I walk out of the house and out to the car, he is walking behind me.

     Once we get in the car the drive there was pretty silent.

     We get there and walk in and the lady at the front desk tells us we can go in. We walk up to my moms room and I peek my head in the window and see she is reading a book.

     "Ok, try not to mention my dad ok?" I say. He looks at me then through the door window. "Why?" He says still looking at my mom.

     "Because your slut of a mother was sleeping with our drunk low life father and now caused my mom to have heart problems and mental illnesses." Yoongi said from behind him.

     "Taehyung, this is yoongi, my brother.." I said as I looked at both of them, they were staring down each other. "I would say it is nice to meet you but..." Taehyung said.

     "Well I don't have to meet you to know that you're just like your mother, guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree huh?" Yoongi said.

     "What did you just say you little brat!?" Taehyung said, he look furious, I knew why. He hated his mother so being compared to her probably makes him mad.

     "Guys guys guys! We are here to see my sick mother, ok? So grow up, stop with the insults, and act like y'all like each other for five seconds!" I said as I opened the door and walked in.

     "Hi mom!" I said as I walked in. "Hello honey, hey yoongi haven't seen you since last month. And oh, who's this?" She says.

     "Mom, this is my husband, Taehyung." I say. "It's nice to meet you Taehyung, I'm sorry but you said husband?" She said. "Yes mom.." I said quietly.

     "Did y'all not invite me to the wedding?" She says in a almost hurt tone. "We didn't have one." Taehyung says.

     "Why not?!" She says. "Because mom I didn't want to have anything too big." I said, she looked as if she wanted to kill me,

      "I just didn't want to wait to marry your daughter." Taehyung said as he put his arm around me.

     "Well that's sweet, but I want y'all to have a wedding, I don't care if y'all are already married, before I die I want to see my daughter walk down the aisle." She says.

     "Mom... don't say that.. you're not gonna die." I say. "Honey, look at me. I'm ready to go, after your father... I've been ready to go, after seeing how well you and your brother have been, it puts me at peace." She says.

     "But mom, we need you here." I say. "Honey.. you don't.. you just want me here.." she says, I feel a tear in my eye.

"But before I go I want to see you get married." She said with a smile. I tried not to cry. Then I felt someones hand on my shoulder.

"We will have a wedding ma'am ... just for you..." he said with a soft smile...

It was the first time I had seen him smile....

———————-———————-———