(15) just s typical movie night (junpei has arrived)

so, i'm skipping the parts where junpei gets his ass beat and where he meets mah hee toe BUT WE SEE NANAMI KENTO OUR 3RD BABY DADDY

your pov:
"can you see it? this is the residual taint of cursed energy." nanami said while standing in between yuji and i. "i can" i said while looking up at him. "i cant see anything." yuji said staring back at him confused.

"that's because you're not trying to see it. we typically see cursed as if it's perfectly natural to." the blonde said in his typical monotone voice. "though... i did sense something before we entered." i said in a low voice which nanami was able to catch. "when a cursed technique is used, it leaves traces behind. that's what residuals are. but residuals are much fainter than cursed spirits. so focus your vision and look closely itadori-kun." nanami explained with his hands in his pockets.

"oh! i can see them!" yuji said excitedly. "of course you can. a proper sorcerer can sense them before seeing them, like how y/n she was able to sense 'something' she didn't know what it was particularly but she knew something was there." nanami said while looking towards me. "couldnt you give me a little praise or something?" yuji asked while we walked away from the scene. "i don't praise or disparage anyone. i adhere to facts and judge on that basis. that's who i am. there was a time when i mistakenly believed society operated the same way, but enough about that. let's follow them." nanami said while looking back at us, hands still in his pocket. (THIS MAN IS SO FINE... HAVE MY CHILDREN.)

"yeah! let's go all out!" yuji said while putting his hand on his fist. "no, where moderate effort will suffice, use moderate effort." nanami said cutting yuji's enthusiasm. "let's go." he walked in front of us. "we're just not clicking... though he seems to like you a bit y/n." yuji said while deadpanning. "eh? i don't know, i haven't really said much and i don't want to either. i'm sure he'll get along with us though." i said while patting his shoulder, following nanami.

"i won't be able to lead you two this time. but don't worry. i've called in a friend you can trust." gojo said while walking us to a room. "this is nanami kento, the ex-salaryman jujutsu sorcerer!" gojo said while having an arm over his shoulder. "please don't call me that." nanami said with his arms crossed over his chest. "plenty of jujutsu sorcerers are oddballs, but since he worked for a company, he's got a good head on his shoulders. he's a first-grade sorcerer too." gojo said, still having his shoulder on the blonde.

"i'm sure no one would want to hear you saying that about them." nanami said while pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "ex-salaryman? why didn't you become a jujutsu sorcerer from the start?" yuji asked. "isn't that too forward?" i asked yuji. "we should greet each other first. nice to meet you, itadori-kun, l/n-san." nanami said while bowing at us. "nice to meet you too, nanami" i said while bowing back, yuji following.

"i studied at jujutsu high, and one thing i learned... is that jujutsu sorcerers are shit!" nanami said while a hand on his hip. "huh?" yuji and i said at the same time. "then i worked at your typical company, and one thing i learned... is that work is shit!" nanami continued confusing us more. "really?!" yuji asked. "jesus..." i said with wide eyes. "if both are equally shit, i'll take the one i'm more suitable to. that's the only reason i came back." nanami said calmly. "that's dark." "right?" "he has a point." gojo, yuji, and i said amongst ourselves. (amongus)

"itadori-kun, l/n-san, please don't believe i'm of the same mindset as gojo-san. i do trust and have faith in him..." nanami said which caused gojo to smirk widely at both yuji and i. "but i do not respect him!" nanami finished. "HUH?!" gojo said causing his smirk to drop. "i hate the way the higher-ups do things, but i believe in rules and regulations. this conversation is dragging on." nanami said while stopping his tracks and looking back at us. "in short, i don't recognize neither of you as sorcerers. even if you do carry the bomb we know as sukuna and you to be as powerful as gojo, please make an effort to prove that you're both useful." nanami said blankly.