(16) the fight (part 1)

we already know what's coming... anyways LOOK AT HIM UGH HE CAN SHOW ME HIS SEVEN TO THREE RATIO ANYDAY also junpei has really pretty eyes.

your pov:
nanami and i have been killing.. humans for the past 30 minutes trying to get a hold of the cursed spirit. "if you plan to come out, please hurry up and do so. they may be disfigured and beyond saving, but murdering people makes me sick." nanami said with a hand on his tie. i on the other hand, was wiping off the blood on my katana with a cloth that i always brought with me.

"ah what a relief. i'd be in trouble if gojo satoru were here, though you did bring l/n y/n but i doubt she's aware of the power she has. it's not much of an experiment if you're too weak." the gray haired curse spoke while walking towards us.

"i hate overtime, so let's just... finish this quickly." nanami said sternly. and with that we both charged at mahito. "y/n-chan, stay close and don't hold back at all." nanami shouted as we both ran. "wasn't planning to." i said smirking. "oh? well then i can't hold back if you're not going to either huh, it's only fair." the curse said while smiling at me.

nanami and i both swung our weapons at him but he managed to dodge all of them. 'this guys tough... but awfully annoying.' nanami managed to land a kick that had cursed energy towards mahito. i on the other hand used that to my advantaged and used my technique to run behind him and slice part of his hand off. "i did block it, didn't i? with cursed energy. is this that kind of technique?" mahito asked while spinning his half cut hand. "that kind?" i asked confused. "i hate abstract questions that leave interpretation up to others." nanami said while pointing his blade at mahheetoe. "that's good, though i wasn't asking you. though i can tell you that you don't like chatting." he said smirking at the both of us.

"it depends on the person." nanami responded, never dropping his guard. "you two, tell me. what do you think came first, the soul or the body?" mahito asked causing me to deadpan. "come on, you know. it's like the question of whether the chicken or the egg came first. do you think the soul resides in the body? or do you think the body forms around the soul?" asked curiously wanting to know our answer. 'i guess we have no choice.'

"the soul... i feel like the soul makes us who we are." i responded now aiming my katana at him. "the former." nanami stated simply. "bzzt! the answer is the latter. l/n got it right." 'this guy acts too much like a human it's concerning.'

"the soul always exists before the body. just like l/n said, it makes a person who they are. in other words, the shape of the body is pulled along by the shape of the soul." mahito said while healing his arm causing me to widen my eyes. "i'm not healing. i'm just strongly maintaining the shape of my own soul." as if he knew what i was thinking. "you get now right? my technique is to make contact with the soul and alter its shape." 'hes explaining his technique... this can help in a way.'

"idle transfiguration" he said while holding a green curse... well human. "i keep a stockpile of humans. it's rather difficult though, normal people eventually die when their shape is transfigured. but what about jujutsu sorcerers?" mahito said while staring at the both of us. "it's 5:30 pm. i started work at 10 am today. so i'm getting off at 6 pm, no matter what it takes." nanami said while taking his eyes off his watch.

nanami and i ran while slicing the morphing human. 'this guy fights like a bitch... he's not good at close combat.' i thought to myself while running behind nanami. i ran up the wall and landed a kick on mahito nanami doing the same. "your mobility is impressive." he said while shooting some weird worm shits (till this day im still confused as to wtf those are) nanami and i dodged every attack coming out way swiftly.

"help... me..." the disfigured human said while looking up at us. 'that's right, they're still human a after all' i thought to myself as i got down and wiped the tear off it's face. "im so sorry." i said while i tried holding back my own tears. "oh, sorry. i've practiced a lot, so they don't die right away when i change their size, but their... brains? awareness? i still lack precision with that, so sometimes their souls sweat like that." mahito said with a hand on his chin.

"don't worry about it, let's continue." he finished. "im not worried about it." nanami said while grabbing my hand and pulling me back up. "it's my policy not to bring personal feeling into work." he said while putting a hand on my shoulder giving it a slight squeeze. "you suck at lying! both your souls are trembling. so you're... what grade?" mahito asked. "grade 1." nanami responded calmly. "and you? l/n?" he asked smirking. 'i don't even know.. how am i suppose to-' "that doesn't concern you. she's still a student and is still learning." nanami said bringing a stop to my thoughts. i looked at him with a thankful expression to which he nodded.

"no wonder you're strong, she can get stronger though. and you know that too." mahito said while sending me a weird smile. 'he makes me uncomfortable.' "you two will make the best test subjects." he said in a cocky tone. "you know you talk too much? it's quite annoying." i said while running towards him. he was quicker and was able to put his hand on nanami's chest. "nanami!" i shouted as i used my technique to get behind mahito punching him away from the blonde. "surprised my speed suddenly increased?" he asked showing off his horse like legs. "i can alter the shape of my own soul too." he said with both hands on his hips. "looks like you subconsciously covered your souls somewhat with cursed energy. if you hadn't you'd already be in my control " he continued.

"although, once i touch you two or three more times, you'll cease to be human." he said while sprinting towards nanami. "oi! why are you targeting him you bitch!" i said while throwing another punch at him and then cutting his shirt. 'he dodged it?' grabbing my katana and throwing it across us. "looks like you're unarmed." he said smirking. "am i though?" i asked while pulling out my dagger. that was nanami's queue to start running. "i'm not letting you go!" he said while trying to touch me but failing when i threw a kick towards his head. (we threw that mikey-kun kick) "again... you talk to much." i said while running past him following nanami.

"looks like you reached your limit grade 1. i mean it's almost 6 pm." mahito said staring at us both. sighing nanami loosened up his tie and started to take it off. 'that's hot—' "unfortunately... i'm going into overtime now." he said as cursed energy surrounded him. 'that's really hot actually...'

we finished the first part, next chapter will be us beating mah hee toe and fighting junpei and then mah hee toe again.