(35) welcome back y/n

yuji's pov:

"y/n! you can't leave me! you can't leave us! wake up... wake up—" i sobbed while holding her lifeless body in my arms. she died right in front of me, and i couldn't do anything to stop her. that should be me, i should be dead, not her.

"wake up please." i cried while still holding on to her. "awww she killed herself?? what a shame. she was really powerful as well." i heard mahito say as he stood about 5 meters away from me.

"oi look over here! it's your beloved friend!"

what?

"itadori... you've got it from here."

my eyes went wide as i saw mahito kill nanami instantly. "you—" i said while setting y/n's body down gently on the ground.

"what the hell are you?! mahito!" i shouted while having cursed energy surrounding my fists. "i can hear you just fine without you yelling itadori yuji!" he shouted while laughing manically.

y/n pov:

screams, sobs, and dragged footsteps were heard. they never stopped, why don't they stop? i walked and i walked and all i saw were people, screaming and crying over and over again asking for their loved ones... is this hell?

"no, but might as well call it that." a deep voice said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"you can hear my thoughts? how?" i asked as i saw a tall yet well built shadow. "because all the screams and cries are thoughts, we're in limbo. in other words we can't get through the afterlife for whatever reason. this is my second time here, it's pathetic honestly." he said while sighing with the last sentence.

"so i'm dead? for good right?" i asked while getting closer to the shadow. "not really, i mean i was brought back but then i killed myself." he said while mumbling the last part. as i got closer i saw a tall yet well built man, he looked a lot like megumi. is he related to him?

"oi you forgot, we can read thoughts here. and yeah i am. i'm his dad." he said while looking deep into my e/c eyes. "oh... you're the asshole who sold his son to the zen'in clan." i said while crossing my arms and raising a brow at him.

"i had my reasons okay? the fuck? i shouldn't even explain myself to you. the only reason i talked to you was because you weren't like those idiots, sobbing the minute they get here. tch." he said while mimicking my movements.

"well guess you're stuck with me. i'm not leaving till i get an explanation. why'd you do it?" i asked while sitting down in front of him with my legs crossed.

"forget i spoke to you." he said while walking away from me.

i quickly got up and ran towards him jumping on his back while holding him in a chokehold. "what the fuck?"

"you can't leave your buddy like that. i'm not your son." i mumbled into his ear. within seconds he managed to grab both my hands and flip me over so that my arms were crossed and my back was now facing him. how the fuck—

"you're strong. let's do this. if one of us gets to pin each other down once then we'll tell our life story and all that bullshit. what do you say?" he whispered into my ear, sending chills down my spine. i cant fall for my friend's dad... he's kinda hot though...

"so i'm hot?" he asked, i can already imagine the smirk on his face. "shut up. and yeah whatever, i accept." i said while stepping on his foot which caused him to let go of my arms.

"question though, can i use my abilities in this fight?" i asked while slightly tilting my head to the side.

"yeah sure whatever, i don't care." he said while smirking at me. "dude... you're kinda scary but it's somehow attractive—" i mumbled while staring at him. "a bit straight forward dont you think?" he asked with wide eyes. "i guess but you would've known if i said it in my head sooo~" i said while dragging the last word.