(40) the back

sorry for the delayed update, i'm like trying to update my other ff so yeah, i apologize for that

y/n pov:

"hi?" i said while squinting at the thing the was in front of us.

"aren't you going to say hello to me? tengen." yuki asked with a bored expression.

"geh- yuta-kun... this person? is master tengen?!" i whisper shouted towards him to which he looked over at me slightly and mouthed a 'i guess so.'

"this isn't the first time we've met yuki." master tengen responded calmly.

"why did you close off the tombs of the star corridor?" yuki asked

"i was scared that you might be working with kenjaku. as you may know, i can't see through the human heart." master tengen said calmly.

"kenjaku? the sorcerer who was once kamo noritoshi is now inhabiting the body of geto suguru."

"master tengen, why do you look like that?" yuji asked out of no where causing all of us to face him.

"i may be immortal but im not immune to aging. after 500 years you would look like this too." tengen said while smiling.

"for real?!" yuji asked surprised.

"eleven years ago, after failing to merge with a star plasma vessel, my aging quickly increased and my self awareness as an individual diminished and the very world became myself."

"yeah that was my doing so my bad i guess."

"you killed the vessel? you killed a kid what the fuck toji..."

"listen... it was a good amount of money..."

"how much...?"

"30 million yen."

"ok yeah i would've done that too."

(remember that toji and y/n are having this conversation in her head.)

"excuse me but we came to ask about kenjaku's objectives and how to open the prison realm to free gojo satoru." megumi said while raising his hand.

"will you tell us what you know?" yuta also said.

"i wish i could say yes but i have one condition... okkotsu yuta, tsukumo yuki, l/n y/n, and the death painting womb. two of you must stay here and serve as my guards." tengen said in a serious but also intimidating tone.

"aren't you like immortal though?" i asked while tilting my head to the side a bit.

"are you worried about the seal?" maki also asked.

"that's not fair! you haven't even told us for how long we have to do it for!" yuki shouted while throwing her arms.

"i'll continue, his objective is to force the evolution of all human beings throughout japan." tengen said.

"we know that already, but we want to know what he intends exactly." megumi responded.

"why didn't kenjaku just use your barrier that one time and turn everyone in japan into sorcerers via idle transfiguration?" i asked confusedly.

"because he lacks cursed energy to do such thing. cursed energy that has been refined through uzumaki can't return to the sorcerer. triggering an evolution in each individual with a cursed technique is very inefficient." tengen explained. "the method of evolution that kenjaku has chosen is the merging of human kind and me."